• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Hasn't been a thread about this for a couple of years (that I could find, anyway) but who here prefers the throwback Pepsi and Mountain Dews? Got to thinking about this the other day when I got a rep for having a throwback Dew can visible in my entry to the Pimp My Ride thread. I greatly prefer the throwbacks, not for nostalgia, but because I like them better. I find the throwbacks go down smoother, hold their carbonation longer, don't taste as "sugary" (go figure), are actually tasty even when warm, and are just all around better. Only downside is that when all that is available is the regular ones I only drink one or two a day, now with the throwbacks I drink 3 or 4 a day during the week, at least 6 on the weekends. What do you all say about the throwbacks?

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    I have 2 cases of the Pepsi and just tried the Dr. Pepper with sugar.
    Iv'e got to where this is all I drink and I'm glad it is back in regular production "at least for now". Double Cola is also pretty tasty!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Didn't like the Pepsi because it's still a Pepsi, the Dew was good though. I don't drink pop anymore though.

c2joe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Love the mountain dew, can't find it stocked very often, but when I do, I usually stock up for a while.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Dr. pepper is good, mt. dew is good, pepsi is not as bad as regular pepsi... I wish Coke would do it.

if you go to the "ethnic food" section in some groceries, they occasionally have Coca-Cola with real sugar. HFCS is illegal in Europe, and it was so good living 4 months without it. now I have to put up with sodas that have it, and I hate the taste of it.

edit: why don't they sell it in 24 packs?

Bskurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I honestly don't taste that much difference. I have never tasted them side by side, but when I have had the throwback, I just think it tastes the same.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Dr. pepper is good, mt. dew is good, pepsi is not as bad as regular pepsi... I wish Coke would do it.

if you go to the "ethnic food" section in some groceries, they occasionally have Coca-Cola with real sugar. HFCS is illegal in Europe, and it was so good living 4 months without it. now I have to put up with sodas that have it, and I hate the taste of it.

edit: why don't they sell it in 24 packs?

I only use coke for mixed drinks, they sell bottles from Mexico at the wholesale places in 24 packs, $12.99.

I can't drink soda with HFCS anymore. Disgusting, vile crap.

That said the Pepsi throwback is great. I don't care for the dew throwback, better than the HFCS, but still not great.

I'd like to see a Dr Pepper throwback.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I only use coke for mixed drinks, they sell bottles from Mexico at the wholesale places in 24 packs, $12.99.

I can't drink soda with HFCS anymore. Disgusting, vile crap.

That said the Pepsi throwback is great. I don't care for the dew throwback, better than the HFCS, but still not great.

I'd like to see a Dr Pepper throwback.

The Dr. is plenty good also. Down here it's in the section where they have the 7-up product 12 packs so you may want to look there. Last ones I saw were in a real old timey printed box.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    you can buy 24 packs at Sams Club. its a few cents more then a 36 pack though...

now only if my soda fountain was working!!!!!

Top Bottom