• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Its not always real noticable. I'd try a recoil spring assembly swap between your other shield to mess with, or just ask sith for a new assembly. You can also sometimes check for this issue by pulling the slide back really hard, and getting it stuck.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I dont think i want to combine and swap a perfectly working gun with a flawed gun since i could end up with two non working guns...i will call smith and see what they say.
    Its not always real noticable. I'd try a recoil spring assembly swap between your other shield to mess with, or just ask sith for a new assembly. You can also sometimes check for this issue by pulling the slide back really hard, and getting it stuck.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Smith is sending me a new guide rod assembly
    Excellent news! I bet you're back up and running in no time. I do agree with what a couple of the other guys suggested, that swapping the guide rod assembly from your working Shield to the PC version would have helped narrow it down to that being the culprit, but getting a new assembly sure sounds like what you needed anyway. Good deal, please report back once you've had a chance to shoot with the new assembly in place.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    also, why should i invest in a gun that I know has an issue right out of the box? I no longer want it but I have to send it back. Then I have to sell it for a loss and nobody is going to compensate me for that. So its bs and smith and wesson lost credibility with me with there "performance center" pistol that doesnt perform.

You don't have to invest anything. S&W will send you a shipping label on their dime. The Shield is a proven platform, yours just unfortunately has some kind of issue. It happens, they've made over 1 million Shields. Let them make it right. No need to sell it at a loss.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'll bet you'll get back an internally polished gun. Hopefully, it'll up end better than new.

I am a smith fan but I have to say quality control is so so unless it comes out of the Performance Center - much like many manufactures - as we expect a lot out of relatively inexpensive guns.

I have two PC shields and they perform flawlessly, so I am disappointed to hear of an issue from the PC shop.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    well its back from smith and wesson (after my german shepherd almost killed the fed ex guy). They checked for "slide binds" and then "deburred the slide". They sent it back with an extra mag so i got an free 8 round mag and a free recoil spring assembly. I will test it out soon to see it is actually fixed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom