• ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/firearms_FAQ_02_08.pdf
    My name or address has changed. Do I have to pay for a duplicate license?
    No. Complete the “Duplicate Handgun License Request and Notification of Name or
    Address Change Form” and mail or fax the form to the firearms section. Check that you
    are notifying the section of your information change only. The change will be made in
    the firearms database and there is no fee for this service. If you want a license issued
    with the changes on it, then yes, the $20 fee for the duplicate license does apply

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Aside from the fact that the state arbitrarily picked one over the other, I've been waiting months for someone like you to tell me what the difference is.

Please, enlighten me.

Maybe something along the lines of "shall issue" versus "may issue". A "license" is the state saying that they recognize a right which you have, and have no reason to deny you the exercise thereof. A "permit" would be more along the lines of the state saying, "okay - out of the goodness of our heart - we give you permission". :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Maybe something along the lines of "shall issue" versus "may issue". A "license" is the state saying that they recognize a right which you have, and have no reason to deny you the exercise thereof. A "permit" would be more along the lines of the state saying, "okay - out of the goodness of our heart - we give you permission". :dunno:

Then why don't we have an Operator's Permit to drive?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Then why don't we have an Operator's Permit to drive?

There is an operators permit. It's called a learners permit. And I'm guessing it's called a license because just like the LTCH it's shall issue if you meet the requirements.

Top Bottom