8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​

Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-899-8287
    DATE: August 27, 2023​
    Indianapolis, IN - This evening, at approximately 9:48, Indiana State Police Dispatchers received an emergency call reporting a person being shot on I-465 near the 52.8 mile marker. Within minutes, Trooper Damon Munn arrived on scene and found an adult male with an injury consistent with a gunshot wound. Trooper Munn immediately started emergency life saving aid, including applying a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. IEMS and IFD arrived on scene and provided further medical care and transported the man to a local hospital in stable condition.
    Indiana State Police Detectives are currently investigating this incident. Preliminary information leads investigators to believe this shooting stemmed from a possible road rage incident along I-465. At this time information about a possible suspect or suspect vehicle is still being gathered. Detectives are asking anyone who was driving along I-465 on the south side of Indianapolis this evening around 9:45 p.m. near Emerson Avenue and may have witnessed this incident, or has a vehicle equipped with a recording device, please contact the Indiana State Police.
    All crimes mentioned above are alleged and all suspects are presumed innocent until and unless guilty in court.
    Shooting
    Shooting

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I see reports like this about I-94 rather frequently. Some there are road rage and others are gang related I believe. Scary stuff.

Top Bottom