• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    9MM, 357 Sig, 38 Special, 5.56 and 7.62 x 51 don't have rows or odd counts when dumped in 50 Cal ammo cans after loading and final polishing.
    I bet we burned 2.500 to 3,000 rds last week.
    Yes 50 Cal ammo cans are the best answer to half boxes and unfinished rows.

Attachments

• IMG_6404 (1).jpg
      IMG_6404 (1).jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 6

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Breaking a decapping pin in the middle of a reloading session and then realizing you had run out of spares. Then it’s off to a store to find RCBS decapping pins.
    Yes, I know, a first world problem! :ugh:

Funny......I have Dillon presses, and I've never broken a decapping pin.

Wonder why that is? :dunno:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Breaking a decapping pin in the middle of a reloading session and then realizing you had run out of spares. Then it’s off to a store to find RCBS decapping pins.
    I thought mine broke off, but I looked in the die, and there was no evidence of the old pin anywhere. I started looking at my brass and found the one 9 mm shell that had a 22 shell stuck inside of it and the decapping pin pierced right through it and was stuck inside intact.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Funny......I have Dillon presses, and I've never broken a decapping pin.

Wonder why that is? :dunno:
    I've never broken a Dillon pin on my 550 either despite thousands of loads! This was on a single stage press loading 8mm Mauser and I still don't know why it broke. Life is funny that way! :lol2:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I've never broken a Dillon pin on my 550 either despite thousands of loads! This was on a single stage press loading 8mm Mauser and I still don't know why it broke. Life is funny that way! :lol2:

Yeah, life is full of curveballs. Sorry for your loss.
    I was just poking the bear a little bit, thus the purple in my remark.

I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to have a block of time set to reload, and then not be able to make use of it due to equipment problems.

Shifty_85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2023
    Versailles, IN
    Reloading .45ACP my biggest pet peeve is having to sort by small primer and large primer such a pain in the butt and also terrible if you put a small primer case while loading large primers = kaboom and it's a bad day!!

Paul 7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2023
    Bloomington, IN.
    What I hate is going to the range to test out loads and have say 50 loads to test, 10 5 shot groups. Now I hate wasting good bullets so I start shooting the first three rounds and the group is junk vertical stringing, or horizontal stringing, or the SD's or ES's are way too high, so I don't fire next two rounds and have to pull the bullets and powder!

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    ....that's why I bought a separate decapping die......I decap all my brass before I clean them, I reload a lot of my brass with BP. I run most of my brass thru a cheap Harbor Freight sonic cleaner to eliminate issues with powder residue and then media tumble them for cleanliness....for smokeless, still decap them but depending on how "dirty" they are....they rarely get both cleaning treatments, decapping first solves some issues I perceive.....

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Reloading .45ACP my biggest pet peeve is having to sort by small primer and large primer such a pain in the butt and also terrible if you put a small primer case while loading large primers = kaboom and it's a bad day!!
    They are doing it to 10mm now also. I've gotten a few with SPP.

I take my 45acp, and now 10mm SPP and put them up in a separate container until I get enough worth reloading.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I hate partial boxes, not because of OCD, but because it makes inventory hard. I agree about crushing or losing a primer during a reloading session...super annoying.

What really drives me nuts is when I take somebody to the range and instead of pulling rounds in neat 5-ct rows from the box, they randomly grab them from all over the tray. Seriously, what kind of psycho does that!? :dunno:

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    I hate partial boxes, not because of OCD, but because it makes inventory hard. I agree about crushing or losing a primer during a reloading session...super annoying.

What really drives me nuts is when I take somebody to the range and instead of pulling rounds in neat 5-ct rows from the box, they randomly grab them from all over the tray. Seriously, what kind of psycho does that!? :dunno:
    ....boyhowdy, lol, you'd hate going to the range with me or some of my buddies.....don't take it I don't have or use good organized containers but I will also use plastic jugs like dill pickle, parmesan cheese or planters containers occasionally....more than a few guys I shoot with are worse....they just dump their rounds in plastic bags!

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne

The same people that put pineapple on pizza.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    ....boyhowdy, lol, you'd hate going to the range with me or some of my buddies.....don't take it I don't have or use good organized containers but I will also use plastic jugs like dill pickle, parmesan cheese or planters containers occasionally....more than a few guys I shoot with are worse....they just dump their rounds in plastic bags!
    Oh, I do that too. Most of my bulk reloads go loose into ammo cans. If I don't want the whole can, I bring a ziplock bag full. But precision stuff goes into the fancy boxes, and at work we use factory stuff in 50 round boxes. If it's already organized for you, why mess it up?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Thats why you use ammo cans my friend.

Top Bottom