PETA calling fish "Sea Kittens" to stop fishing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I get frustrated when I talk with other sportsmen and sportswomen that do not want to act or make a stand because they feel their sport isn't being challenged. One of them is fishermen/women that don't care if PETA goes after hunting or trapping. Well, now they can care. PETA has launched a campaign to attack fishing at our roots by going after our children. PETA's new ideas is to have children envision fish as sea kittens, and who would want to hurt a kitten???
    Here's the website. Read it and be informed. The best way to fight something is to know it well.
    http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/
    Since I never gave support to them, I can't withdraw it, but I did join the US Sportsmen's Alliance https://www.ussportsmen.org/ to fight them.

Alan

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I get frustrated when I talk with other sportsmen and sportswomen that do not want to act or make a stand because they feel their sport isn't being challenged. One of them is fishermen/women that don't care if PETA goes after hunting or trapping. Well, now they can care. PETA has launched a campaign to attack fishing at our roots by going after our children. PETA's new ideas is to have children envision fish as sea kittens, and who would want to hurt a kitten???
    Here's the website. Read it and be informed. The best way to fight something is to know it well.
    http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/
    Since I never gave support to them, I can't withdraw it, but I did join the US Sportsmen's Alliance https://www.ussportsmen.org/ to fight them.

Alan

Ironically, PETA kills animals ... a lot of them: PETA Kills Animals, and the News is Spreading Like Wildfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Come on now...PETA wouldn't lie! Maybe fish really ARE related to cats, and so "sea kitten" is a valid description!

/sarcasm off

Counting on an ecoterrorism group to lie to further their agenda is like counting on the sun to rise in the east. I visited the site....to a cat lover like me, the imagery DOES make an impact. Unless you use your head and realize that its propaganda, and there are no actual kittens being caught on hooks, its easy to see how something like this could make people go "awww...well, we've got to put a stop to people hurting these cute little creatures!"

I will say this...its creative. Its hard to drum up sympathy for animals that aren't furry or cute, and PETA, through judicious application of BS, has found a way to do it. Congrats.

BTW, are any of these "sea kittens" related to the cats that they murdered after adopting from shelters? Just curious....

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    YUM!!!

cooked-fish.jpg

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Wouldn't this make a great video?:
    Send a groups PETA nuts to any third world country. Film them as they try to stop starving people from eating furry bunnies and sea kittens. Replay the ass kicking that will eventually take place. Show it again in slow motion.
    I can see the potential for an Emmy for Best Documentary.:cool:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Do Sea Kittens grow up to be cat fish?

This was brought up a while back on a musician's forum I belong to.

I went to the PITA site and changed the wording on their form letter before I sent it to my representitive. So he got a letter from the PITA server that supported the exact opposite of PITA's position. I told him they don;t representinet the majority of constituents, etc.

(BTW the musician's thought it was recockulis as well)

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    God gave us the animals of the Earth to Eat. He told us have respect and compassion for all living things. God gave us the Earth to take care of.

Our Native People, the people we now call Indians or Native Americans knew much and thanked the Holy Sprit for allowing them to nourish their bodies. They did not kill for sport. They killed for food and clothing.

I do hope we will eventually get around to taking care of our Earth again. But, not eat what God has given us? No way.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Simply incredible...

The next step is to launch a counter-campaign - one which encourages kitten consumption! This even has the potential to diversify the selection of meats served in America! Problem solved.

Mmmm, kitty.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dude, these PETA folks are truly from another planet anymore. When are they gonna start campaigning that swatting mosquito's is inhumane treatment of "air kittens"? lol

robert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Peta folks are idiots and they kill more dogs and kitties than anyone. Why don't they put a camera in that place and let the world see how they treat pets

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    You can call steak (newborn children) and as long as its still a steak I will eat it. They can even tie a bonnet to my T-bone.....I might eat the bonnet out of spite...lol

Top Bottom