Pete V says he WILL and IS supporting a hi cap mag ban, are you ready to show up

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding gun control discussions in the aftermath of the recent shooting in Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you. I share your concerns. I was shocked and heartbroken to learn of the horrific shooting that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims of these attacks and their families for their unfathomable loss. As this marks the seventh mass shooting in the United States in 2012 alone, I firmly believe that Congress must take decisive action to prevent such senseless tragedies from happening again.
    While I support the possession of legal firearms by responsible law abiding citizens, I am opposed to the availability of military assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices, which pose serious threats to public safety and the law enforcement officers who risk their lives protecting us. I believe that there are certain actions we can take to ensure that adequate safety protections exist to reduce the overall level of violence in this country, which in no way means that people shouldn't continue to enjoy their second amendment rights.

That is why, in the 103rd Congress, I supported the assault weapons ban, which prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons, including those with a large capacity ammunition feeding device. I deeply regret that President Bush allowed this ban to expire in 2004. Also in the 103rd Congress, I supported passage of the Brady Act, currently known as the national instant criminal background check system, which requires background checks for all firearm transfers and purchases.

You may be interested to know that Rep. Carolyn McCarthy has introduced H.R. 138, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would reinstate the ban on semiautomatic weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Specifically, the measure would prohibit the transfer or possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, except for its lawful possession within the United States on or before the date of this act's enactment, and by law enforcement officers. The measure also would prohibit the importation of such a device, and would require large capacity ammunition feeding devices to be identified by a serial numbers.

H.R. 138 was referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary, where it is currently pending consideration. The measure has one cosponsor, and a companion measure has not been introduced in the Senate.

As the nation continues to make sense of the tragedy at Sandy Hook, I hope that our country will have a serious and thoughtful discussion to ensure that we find a proper balance between Americans' right to own guns and the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    Peter J. Visclosky
    Member of Congress
    emphasis added.

So, are you going to his town hall meetings? The first were today.

Show up, be calm and tell this traitor to HONOR HIS OATH!

For sake of changing the topic too much, I'd probably avoid using the work traitor but I most certainly will be asking him why his is violating the Oath to the Constitution we both took.

We need to PACK these town hall meetings.

Congressman Visclosky’s 2013 Town Forum Schedule:

Thursday, January 10, 2013

10:00 a.m. CST – Hebron: Hebron Public Library, 201 West Sigler Street, Hebron, Indiana 46341
    12:00 p.m. CST – Lowell: Lowell Town Hall, 501 East Main Street, Lowell, Indiana 46356
    2:00 p.m. CST – Griffith: Griffith Town Hall, 111 North Broad Street, Griffith Indiana 46319
    4:00 p.m. CST – Hammond-North: Hammond Public Library – Main Library, 564 State Street, Hammond, Indiana 46320
    6:00 p.m. CST – Whiting: Whiting Public Library, 1735 Oliver Street, Whiting, Indiana 46394

Friday, January 11, 2013:

10:00 a.m. CST – Munster: Munster Town Hall, 1005 Ridge Road, Munster, Indiana 46321
    12:00 p.m. CST – Crown Point: Crown Point Public Library, 122 North Main Street, Crown Point, Indiana 46307
    2:00 p.m. CST – Portage: Portage Public Library, 2665 Irving Street, Portage, Indiana 46368
    4:00 p.m. CST – Chesterton: Westchester Public Library, 100 West Indiana Avenue, Chesterton, Indiana 46304
    6:00 p.m. CST – Valparaiso: Valparaiso City Hall, 166 Lincolnway, Valparaiso, Indiana 46383
    Note: an interpreter for the deaf will be present.

Saturday, January 12, 2013:

10:00 a.m. CST – Highland: Wicker Park Clubhouse, 2000 Ridge Road, Highland, Indiana 46322
    12:00 p.m. CST – Gary: Gary YWCA, 150 West 15th Avenue, Gary, Indiana 46407
    2:00 p.m. CST – Hobart: Hobart City Hall, 414 Main Street, Hobart, Indiana 46342
    4:00 p.m. CST – East Chicago: American Legion Post 369, 1401 West Chicago Avenue, East Chicago, Indiana 46312
    6:00 p.m. CST – Hammond-South: Purdue University Calumet, Student Union Library Building Room with the View, 2200 169th Street, Hammond, Indiana 46323

Thursday, January 17, 2013:

12:00 p.m. CST – Tri-Town: St. John Public Library, 9450 Wicker Avenue, St. John, Indiana 46373
    2:00 p.m. CST – Lake Station: Lake Station City Hall, 1969 Central Avenue, Lake Station, Indiana 46405
    4:00 p.m. CST – Westville: Purdue University North Central, Library-Student-Faculty Building, 1401 South U.S. 421, Westville, Indiana 46391
    6:00 p.m. CST – Michigan City: Michigan City – City Hall Council Chambers, 100 East Michigan Boulevard, Michigan City, Indiana 46360

Friday, January 18, 2013:

10:00 a.m. CST – Merrillville: Merrillville Town Hall, 7820 Broadway, Merrillville, Indiana 46410
    Note: an interpreter for the deaf will be present.
    12:30 p.m. CST – Gary: Gary Public Library – Woodson Branch, 501 South Lake Street, Gary Indiana 46403

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    I have shown up and told him to his face that his own state sent him, bo and every other member of congress a letter stating that they have invoked their 10th amd. rights because he/they have gone beyond the powers given to them under the constitution. I have asked him point blank in front of the 100 or so people that were there if he was going to honor that oath. What answer do you think I got????

He started rambling some bs about when medicare was enacted. The crowd started murmuring and When he finally looked back at me, I YELLED at him to answer my question. Do you think he answered it then???

He is not someone you can talk to. He is completely incapable of having an intelligent conversation. By all means try. Hit him with all the facts you can find.

YOU CANT FIX STUPID!!!

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    He is not someone you can talk to. He is completely incapable of having an intelligent conversation. By all means try. Hit him with all the facts you can find.

We have to try. I do believe if enough voters contact him, he'll vote appropriately... IF he actually believes he'll lose reelection.

We also show everyone else there are many of us and we are everywhere.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I received the EXACT same e-mail today!!

This is unacceptable. Will keep trying, but sounds like he has been a supporter of this all along.

I guess I know how to vote next term.

Mglii

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I received the same exact Email as well. I guess Lake County, IN really is a Chicago Suburb with an Indiana Zip code!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Of course he supports it. He supports pretty much anything his President wants him to. I hope no one here voted for him and is now surprised. If so, stay home. You've done enough already.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    .....I deeply regret that President Bush allowed this ban to expire in 2004......
    Blame Bush......again.

The last time I looked at the Constitution, a bill has to be passed by both houses of Congress before the President can sign it into law.

I guess Congressman Visclosky is of the belief that the President is King.........a thought that many in Congress now support of Obama, but screamed the very opposite when GWB was still in office.

Top Bottom