• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Would you even have a CIA, mrjarrell? Or would we just ask other countries politely to tell us their plans with your ideal CIA?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If I had a choice the CIA would be disbanded. If we need it I'm sure the markets would provide a free market solution. There are already plenty of private firms involved in the business. Intel could be purchased from them, just as it already is, in some cases. It's not like the CIA has been on the ball for the last 20 years anyway.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If I had a choice the CIA would be disbanded. If we need it I'm sure the markets would provide a free market solution. There are already plenty of private firms involved in the business. Intel could be purchased from them, just as it already is, in some cases. It's not like the CIA has been on the ball for the last 20 years anyway.

Just as I suspected.

You often remind me of the folks who are totally for an absolute ban of guns who want to argue the details - like high capacity mags - on the merits of those details, when the truth is that they want to ban guns entirely.

If you want to disband the CIA, argue that, not the merits of a particular appointee.

Why not just tell everyone where you stand?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just as I suspected.

You often remind me of the folks who are totally for an absolute ban of guns who want to argue the details - like high capacity mags - on the merits of those details, when the truth is that they want to ban guns entirely.

If you want to disband the CIA, argue that, not the merits of a particular appointee.

Why not just tell everyone where you stand?
    Nope. Your suspicions are wrong. If this thread had been about anything other than Petraeus taking over the reins at CIA and Panetta going to the Pentagon, it would have said so. Your ability to read what's not there is obviously on the fritz. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    If this happens, it's probably a smart move on the part of the Obama administration. Most of the military have contempt for Obama as a leader, but the military rank and file have great respect for him. This could possibly help Obama's re-election chances - his main priority for the next 2 years.

Also, as previously stated, removing him from the possibility of running for president is also a plus for Obama and a minus for the GOP. Although I hear he does not want to be thought of as a politician, thus he likely would not have pursued the GOP bid anyway.

One thing for sure, he is ultimately more qualified for the post than Panetta!

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    [. Most of the military have contempt for Obama as a leader, but the military rank and file have great respect for him.

By him I mean the military have great respect for Petraeus, not Obama.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    Makes total sense to me. Put a military man in charge of a civilian agency and a civilian in charge of a military agency. :rolleyes:

Guess that will remove him from some peoples wish list of people to run in the gop short list for president. He's going to switch over to creating a newer, more militaristic CIA, no doubt. Panetta moves over to the Pentagon to do his thing. And Obama's plans will continue apace.

BBC News - Petraeus to lead CIA, Panetta to head Pentagon

Top Bottom