• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Im looking to get a one of the two to use as an EDC pistol, and having a tough time making up my mind. Price wise are about the same. But it seems the Bersa is as solid as they come. But I do like the idea of the 9mm round better than the 380. So which would you choose and why. Thanks for the help fellas!

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I own a bersa thunder .380 and I have to say the gun shoots well and fits the hand well. As for concealment its just about perfect. If I remember correctly they have a lifetime warranty(could be wrong).

As for 9mm, own one of those to and it is just as comfortable. It is also very concealable.

Price of ammo might be an issue. I think .380 is higher then 9mm.

Stopping power is more with a 9mm but shot placement is everything I would think. (.22's kill people)

Guess it comes down to what you are most comfortable with.;) (You prob knew that was gonna be one of the answers)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ha ha oh yea what feels the best is a big part of it. The cost is a big part of it. Id be able to practice more with the 9mm for sure. I just wonder if the PF9 is snappy like some of the pocket 380's which is one of the reasons why i didnt like it real well. I know i probably wouldnt have that problem with the Bersa. But I like the Idea of the 9mm having more stopping power, but as you said if you cant shoot it dont matter if you have an RPG if you cant hit what your aiming at. So the Bersa would be a good choice if your more accurate with it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Bersa is quite solid and not snappy at all. Quite accurate (as you know). The only problem is that 9x17 is pricy compared to 9x19. But, how much do you want to shoot a backup EDC? Not enough that ammo should have a great weight in the decision.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I recently purchased a new Bersa 380CC. So far 100 FMJ rds. fired, it has been flawless. I will be trying hollowpoints soon and if it handles them well it is destined to become my new EDC. I'm thinking this little jewel is a diamond in the rough. Also I've been very impressed with the accuracy of this unit. You find mostly good reviews on them so it seems to possibly be a keeper.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The Bersa is quite solid and not snappy at all. Quite accurate (as you know). The only problem is that 9x17 is pricy compared to 9x19. But, how much do you want to shoot a backup EDC? Not enough that ammo should have a great weight in the decision.

Thats very true. But i want to shoot it enough to get good with it of course. An if I get accurate with it shot placement will be good if god for bid I was to need it in a defensive situation. An with modern ammo and proper shot placement I would think 380 would be adequate.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    We have a bersa thunder and couldnt be happier with it.Very accurate little gun and have had no problems to speak of after 300 rounds or so. Its not picky about ammo but I have not tried any hollow points yet.We have been target shooting with it and found some ammo(sako) at a surplus store that is alot cheaper than winchester white box at walmart. Also picked up 200 rounds of blazer at bradis but havent tried it yet. I thought it was priced reasonably at 49.95 for 200rds.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Welp I just put a Bersa thunder duo tone on layaway. I really like the feel of the Bersa, plus the all metal construction is nice. Cant wait to get it out.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Bersa

I have had a Bersa Thunder 380 for five years. It has been 100% reliable through hundreds of rounds fired. NO ISSUES.
    I can not say the same thing for any other gun I own, including my new
    SW Shield.
    We could talk forever, about 380 vs. 9mm. No doubt, 380 is more expensive than 9mm. However, if the most important thing about a gun, is for it to work when you need it, that means Bersa hands down.
    If I knew I was headed into a danger zone, I would reach for my Bersa without hesitation.
    If you get a Bersa, load it up with Corbon DPX ammo. If you have to use it, the person you shot, will be just as dead, as if he was hit with a 9mm.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've owned both and I have to say I like to shoot the Bersa but I like to carry the PF9. The Kel-Tec is smaller, lighter, easier to conceal, has better sights and is chambered in a more powerful cartrige. As much as I love the Bersa I think the PF9 is a more practical choice for a CCW.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We could talk forever, about 380 vs. 9mm. No doubt, 380 is more expensive than 9mm. However, if the most important thing about a gun, is for it to work when you need it, that means Bersa hands down.
    If I knew I was headed into a danger zone, I would reach for my Bersa without hesitation.

:yesway: THIS :yesway:

images

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks for the info fellas! Im pretty happy going witht the Bersa. Cant wait to get it out and start practiceing with it. Any of you guys know if the Bersa will handle the steel case ammo for practice? Would be a little cheaper to use it.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I have a pf9. Had some love hate with that pistol. But now, after breaking and a little TLC (and use of Golden Saber 147 gr) I am completely confident in it and have it with me all the time. It's not a range gun. Put 100 down that pipe once and my hand was shaking. But once you learn to control it, its a very effective and concealable package (I use the belt clip and hang it in my pocket) and significantly more powerful than the .380.
    HOWEVER.
    I still pour over the classifieds and look in the gun mags for a possible upgrade to a higher end gun. I've just got to have a cooler gun than my brother ;)

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    PF9's are like Chryslers. Some run good, others have the transmission blow up. My buddy got a good PF9, no problems. My PF9 blew it's transmission, so to speak. Fail to eject, fail to extract, bla, bla, bla.... Kel Tec has sent me a new extractor, which I'll try out this weekend. If that doesn't work, it's time to send the barrel and slide in for repair.

Once I get it up and running, I'll probably sell it. Looking at the Nano for an upgrade.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have a pf9. Had some love hate with that pistol. But now, after breaking and a little TLC (and use of Golden Saber 147 gr) I am completely confident in it and have it with me all the time. It's not a range gun. Put 100 down that pipe once and my hand was shaking. But once you learn to control it, its a very effective and concealable package (I use the belt clip and hang it in my pocket) and significantly more powerful than the .380.
    HOWEVER.
    I still pour over the classifieds and look in the gun mags for a possible upgrade to a higher end gun. I've just got to have a cooler gun than my brother ;)

Ive got that same problem:D

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    The great thing for me on the Bersa 380 is its DA/SA trigger like my other pistols. Mine has been flawless and shoots great.
    As far as 9mm try a Kahr cm9. the DA trigger is smooth and the size perfect for CC.
    You might not want to carry your Bersa anymore.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the info fellas! Im pretty happy going with the Bersa. Cant wait to get it out and start practicing with it. Any of you guys know if the Bersa will handle the steel case ammo for practice? Would be a little cheaper to use it.

I ran several hundred rounds of CCI Blazer steel case through mine.

One thing, work that safety! It's typically really stiff but loosens up with some repetition.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    My choice would be the Bersa. Great pistol for the price. .380 will also get the job done. Hornady Critical Defense rounds would make it perfect. :twocents:

Top Bottom