• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support the "stop & frisk" methods used in Philidelphia?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    In Philidelphia, the police regularly use the "stop, question, & frisk" technique on random citizens without any probable cause or just reasoning. Its reportedly been used thousands of times and has even drawn a lawsuit against the city.

City's 'stop and frisk' policy draws lawsuit

Judge Andrew Napolitano discusses.

YouTube - POLICE STATE 2010: Philly Cops Stopping & Searching Random People On The Streets

What really disgusts me is that the poll at the link I posted says that about half the people who voted apparently support "stop & frisk" violations of their rights. Sick.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." - (John Wayne in the "Shootist") is one of my favorite quotes.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    ConstitutionalSadPanda.jpg

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I am guessing the people who support the policy think the police will be profiling so they probably believe they have nothing to worry about.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stop and frisk is completely Constitutional. The Supreme Court of the United States of America has already ruled on this.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    In Philidelphia, the police regularly use the "stop, question, & frisk" technique on random citizens without any probable cause or just reasoning. Its reportedly been used thousands of times and has even drawn a lawsuit against the city.

City's 'stop and frisk' policy draws lawsuit

Judge Andrew Napolitano discusses.

YouTube - POLICE STATE 2010: Philly Cops Stopping & Searching Random People On The Streets

What really disgusts me is that the poll at the link I posted says that about half the people who voted apparently support "stop & frisk" violations of their rights. Sick.
    They like it until it starts happening to them. I hate to have to agree with the ACLU but this is wrong, goes against the constitution and i don't care if 92% support it. You cannot take away somebodies liberty using stats like "we arrested 20,000 people by taking away the liberty of 250,000"

Wrong is wrong

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I am guessing the people who support the policy think the police will be profiling so they probably believe they have nothing to worry about.
    Exactly. These people believe that it is happening to "other people", until it happens to them or someone they know. Unfortunately, I would wager a bet that most of these stop and frisk procedures happen to young, black males and not middle aged white guys.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Sorry eleven but just because some men & women in flowing robes make a ruling doesn't make it right.

The 4th amendment makes it illegal.

Well, it doesn't matter what our opinion is. The only thing that matters is the opinion of 9 lawyers. This is how the Constitution works.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Well, it doesn't matter what our opinion is. The only thing that matters is the opinion of 9 lawyers. This is how the Constitution works.
    can you please show me where in the Constitution that anybody (short of an amendment) can overrule the Constitution.

Or show me anywhere else that it is written that the courts are to determine the law of the land. The courts were designed to uphold the law not to create law, to decide if the law is legal and overrule the will of the people.

We have the DEA making laws, we have the EPA making laws, we have the ATF making laws, we have activist judges making laws, we have bureaucrats making laws.

I could have sworn that according to the constitution that Congress made the laws, the President signs them into law and the courts uphold the law.

Crazy me.

With this new system working so good why does anybody need to vote?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010

That is what they want us to believe, however there is something even more Supreme than the Supreme Court.

And that is of an individual's spirit ... to resist.

"what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? " - Thomas Jefferson.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    can you please show me where in the Constitution that anybody (short of an amendment) can overrule the Constitution.

Or show me anywhere else that it is written that the courts are to determine the law of the land. The courts were designed to uphold the law not to create law, to decide if the law is legal and overrule the will of the people.

We have the DEA making laws, we have the EPA making laws, we have the ATF making laws, we have activist judges making laws, we have bureaucrats making laws.

I could have sworn that according to the constitution that Congress made the laws, the President signs them into law and the courts uphold the law.

Crazy me.

With this new system working so good why does anybody need to vote?

Terry v. Ohio. Over 40 years old.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Alright, I added a poll. I know for a fact that some of you support this. Let's hear your arguments. Don't be shy.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    A Terry stop is not a random stop and frisk. You are trolling and you know it.

Can you tell us what the difference is?

FYI, these stops in Philly aren't random either. They are initiated by a law enforcement officer who has reasonable suspicion.

Top Bottom