Picatinny mount grenade launcher anyone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjthebassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2014
    5 miles from nowhere
    Any of you gun-nutz know of a good 40mm grenade launcher a could procure? Has to be able to mount to a rail. I'm trying to mount it to a full-size cz handgun clone that happens to have a rail on it for what I would assume could be used for lights, lasers, and perhaps a good grenade launcher. Thanks is advance!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    They are few & far between. A registered DD 40mm launcher will cost you several thousand. Your cheapest alternative would be a 37mm flare launcher that you bore out to 40mm after paying your tax and your Form 1 is approved... I suggest you do some reading here: Destructive Devices - AR15.COM

They have a lot more expertise...

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    As countryboy said, look at a 37mm launcher. They sell them so they can be mounted to rifles, or some that are just launchers. Check out AmericanSpecialtyAmmo.com or Havoc Launchers : Spikes Tactical Also, they are only designed to shoot fireworks, flares, and smoke grenades out of them. If you want to be able to use it as a weapon, say either beanbag rounds or whatever else you may load it with, then you have to go the destructive device route paying the $200 tax stamp and registering it with the ATF.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Any of you gun-nutz know of a good 40mm grenade launcher ...I'm trying to mount it to a full-size cz handgun...

Looking back at this again, I'm not sure OP has ever touched off a 40 mike-mike. A M203 can be fairly stout even with a M4 stuck on it; I don't think I'd even want to fire one mounted to a pistol's rail. The standalone units tend to have the grip below the bore, but a pistol with a GL on its rail would likely have the grip above the bore, thereby leading to a torque trying to snap the firer's wrist down. This just sounds like a recipe for tears, something along these lines (but in the opposite direction):
    desert-eagle-owns-girl-o.gif

Top Bottom