• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I've been wanting an AR for a while after picking up an M&P15-22 a few months back. Rather than build one I opted to buy off the shelf in a configuration similar to my 15-22 MOE. This led me down the path of looking at an original M&P15T or the Colt LT6720-R. After doing some research I opted for the Colt configuration as it more closely matched my exiting plinker as can be seen in a family photo.

family.jpg

So far all I've pretty much done is clean off all the cosmoline and lube it up. I also added an o-ring to the front pin to get rid of almost all of the wiggle as I grown accustomed to the M&P exact fit.

receiver.jpg

I've ordered some extra mags and am in the process of reconfiguring the safe - which is rapidly getting too small as I also picked up a couple of 1911's last week :)

Since this is my first non-handgun caliber rifle I'd like to locate a range that isn't too far away to get it broken in. I seem to recall that there's an indoor range in the Kokomo area that allows .223 so maybe I'll give that a try as a start.

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Applied Ballistics in Lafayette I think does 223. I have thought about taking the same route from the 15-22. That Colt is a nice looking gun..

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    The original 15T can still be found NIB on gunbroker for under $1200 including shipping & ffl fees if interested. It was a really hard decision but based on my goals/wants the Colt wound up with more checks on the plus side of things.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    The original 15T can still be found NIB on gunbroker for under $1200 including shipping & ffl fees if interested. It was a really hard decision but based on my goals/wants the Colt wound up with more checks on the plus side of things.

1050$ is the lowest I can find, when its in stock that is.
    At least you got what you wanted, congrats man
    , Looks good

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    Roby's Bullseye on US 31 in Kokomo has an indoor range and you can shoot .223/5.56 there. Its a nice place to shoot and the staff are good people. Its where I do most of my shooting, well all of my shooting in the winter. Good place, check them out

Top Bottom