• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I buy ammo at blythes in Griffith. It's $5 per 20 of old Russian surplus. Have fun with it, they are a blast. I got mine the last time cabelas had their $100 dollar sale. I also agree the recoil isn't as bad as people make it up to be. It's definately stout, but I've never had a bruised or sore shoulder.

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    My Mosin started to wear on me after about 40 rounds one day (well I'd also been shooting clays with a 12 gauge)... just hang on tight and your shoulder will be fine. Gotta love a lot of firepower for a small amount of money.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Recoil on the Mosin is high, but not intolerable. The blast on the thing is considerable as well. My dad was shooting my Mosin on Father's Day at Willow Slough, and each shot was shaking rain off of the roof of our stall.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been told ALL 7.62X54R ammunition you can find should be considered as corrosive.
    Regardless of the manufacturers statements, it's ALL corrosive, to a point.:dunno:

I've heard this as well. A squirt bottle with windex and some patches work for me. I'm pretty sure a buddy of mine bought some "reloaded" ammo that was just repackaged surplus. Even if it's new Brown Bear or whatever it's called now, I'm not taking any chances...

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I picked up a spam can at blythes in valpo last weekend. I'm itchin' to shoot my new mosin. Too busy this weekend to go shoot so I'm gonna have to wait.

here are a few quick pictures I took the other day.
    pictures044.jpg

pictures047-1.jpg

pictures046.jpg

pictures042.jpg

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a m38 at the 1500. I shot 20 rounds of Russian surplus through it the following Monday , because I just couldn't wait and I have heard how awesome these guns are. I can shoot my .50 ca muzzy all day with no butt pad or pain. The 20 rounds through the MN was punishing! Still glad I bought it, and I came to a conclusion that Russians are mean SOB's.

After watching the movie "Enemy At The Gates" I don't think the poor bastards lived long enough to get sore shoulders!

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I like the pics!

If you have time, you can just clean and lube it up.

Thanks!

I've already cleaned and lubed it once to remove all the comsoline. I still might get it out if I get the time this weekend to look at it! I really want to take the mosin out and shoot it an so does the wife, just wish I had the time!

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Thanks!

I've already cleaned and lubed it once to remove all the comsoline. I still might get it out if I get the time this weekend to look at it! I really want to take the mosin out and shoot it an so does the wife, just wish I had the time!

Yeah, I was a bum. I didn't take the bolt all the way apart. It got sticky when I went out with it. I could move it, but I had to handle it. That's why I warn.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Congratulations. I've bought three of them in the last six months. They are addicting for sure. You should get another one and customize it. I have a non numbers matching 91/30 that I'm doing this to. There are some awesome pics on here of what guys have done.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I almost bought one at Blythes in Valpo today, then i saw that they had M1A's, and it gave me something to save for

I live right over there...I can tell you that Blythes's in Valpo is WAYYYYYYYYY overpriced on just about everything that they sell. PLEASE consider shopping around before buying anything there.:twocents:

Top Bottom