• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Like the title says, I was fortunate enough to acquire a S&W M&P 9 today. First M&P for me. Can't wait to take it to the range - the trigger on this thing is something else!

Had to do quite a bit of searching to find one. Thanks to the folks at Beech Grove Firearms for helping me out.

photo.jpg

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Congrats. I keep picking them up at the gun store. Need to bump into some INGOer with one at the range one of these days. The grip is very comfortable.

I always feel like there is some dirt or sand in the trigger when I try the pull, though. Gritty. However, this is just some at-the-store opinion.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Great write-up, btw.

Thank you sir. I hope you too are able to benefit from the ergonomics of the M&P line.

I always feel like there is some dirt or sand in the trigger when I try the pull, though.

This is the "norm" and a major reason I stayed away from the platform for so long. Now that Apex has trigger parts available that offer a much improved feel, that issue can be solved quickly and easily.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I believe alot of that grittyness is coming from the connector where it engages the firing pin safety because it is a stamped piece. I've been polishing the mating surface and it seems to be helping.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Congrats. I keep picking them up at the gun store. Need to bump into some INGOer with one at the range one of these days. The grip is very comfortable.

I always feel like there is some dirt or sand in the trigger when I try the pull, though. Gritty. However, this is just some at-the-store opinion.

The grittiness is simply the new trigger components that have not been worked together enough to slide smoothly against each other. Even folks who do not do trigger jobs or add aftermarket components will tell you that the gritty feel goes away pretty quickly between dry firing and actual firing.

With the addition of a $39.95 Apex Hard Sear and some judicious polishing of contact points on the trigger bar, sear and striker, you can make the trigger scary smooth and light. My M&P40 Pro was smoothed so much that I had to add a double spring under the sear. That brought my trigger from a scary 2.5lbs to a more manageable 3.5lbs.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010

Thanks! I had heard about the grittiness of the trigger initially, especially prior to break-in. I have not yet encountered one with that gritty feeling.

Thank you sir. I hope you too are able to benefit from the ergonomics of the M&P line.

You're very welcome. From the first time I picked one up, I pretty much fell in love with the grip. Feels better than my P229, to be honest. And I love my P229.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I just picked one up too only difference mine came with some holsters

Nice! Range kit I presume?

M&P owners might want to check out these modified backstraps.

I have bought both and am happy with both.

I recommend the "Milwaukee Grip" for competition as it is really grippy in all weather conditions.

The stippled backstraps add a lesser amount of texture and I think these would be better for daily carry.

WTS: The "Milwaukee Grip" backstrap - MP-Pistol Index

WTS: Stippled Backstraps - MP-Pistol Index

Wow, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Welcome to the m&p club!

I have found the m&p to be very durable and accurate. It is a great weapon platform with (IMHO) a grip that feels much better than a glock, and a simple breakdown. And as stated above, APEX tactical make various parts for the m&p. I'm running the APEX forward set sear and tactical trigger kit and love it.

Congrats! :rockwoot:

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I love the S&W M&P series of pistols. They have a slide stop on both sides, mag release can be switched for left hand shooters, doesn't require you pulling the trigger to clean, and has the best trigger upgrades available. Fantastic weapon, quickly becoming my favorite gun. I like the .45 version.

guns021.jpg

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Congrats on the pickup. And as always, a big +1 to Beech Grove Firearms.

Top Bottom