• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Don't get one of these...... operator = no................ tool = yes.
    gold-desert-eagle-gun.jpg

:D

I said operator, not pimp! :pimp:

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Like many posts have said, in most cases the "fit and feel"
    seems to be the first and most important factor. It is for me.
    There are also many other important factors such as weight,
    length or size, 380, 9mm, 40sw etc. But if the firearm does
    not feel right in your shooting hand, it can become a safe queen
    or a paper weight.:dunno:

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I look at its tracdk record for durability and reliability and I always handle and shoot the model before I buy. I always try and stick with the same type of operating system.

I once was at Don's Guns and asked the salesman there if I could shoot it a bit before buying it and he replied "No, buy it and then shoot it."

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    My first question is what is the purpose? determine what the gun will be used for then study,after studing,study some more. the 2 things that i take into consideration are fit and function. you are better off with one gun that fits your personal needs than 10 that don't.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I usually think about it for a year or so. Make lists of every gun i want. Then wait a while and make another list of every gun i want. Or a list of what guns i think would be really cool. After a few months of making lists, there are usually some continuing themes carrying from list to list. A few guns are on about every list. Eventually, there will be 5 or so that i've wanted for most of a year and have proved to not just be a passing interest. Then I'll consider which ones are actually useful or just really fun, and which ones i can see myself shooting a lot. Then i start to think about price, which ones i can afford, or are worth going outside the budget. I start looking online for prices for new and used and read reviews to see what the public thinks of them. Then I'll go to the local gun store and the big box stores and fondle the guns a few times to see how it feels. This will either make me want it more or make me think i don't need it as bad. This will affect it's appearences on the lists. Once i've found a gun that always seems to be at the top of the list, I'll think about buying it for a long time, possibly another year or so. This helps weed out some of the impulse buying. After all this, i usually end up compromising and buying a gun i sorta wanted at some point.

Did I mention I don't own very many guns?

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Is it something I have to have, Do I like the way it feels, Capacity vs weight am I going to have a 40. cal 3 lb gun w 7 shots or a 40 cal 1.5 lb gun w 10 shots or more, Does it go boom when I want it to, has the company had any recalls on the model Im looking at and does it fall in that range number, Will I be able to easily change anything I might not like about it (I.E. will a good trigger job cost me 100.00 or 40.00) Am I gonna get yelled at when I get home for spending so much LMAO

pfeigert

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    I first decide how I'll use the gun. This includes deciding between a revolver and auto. Then, silly as it seems, I need to like how the gun looks - nobody likes an ugly gun. Then I get down to fit and finish, price, reputation and so on. It usually takes me about 3 to 6 months to finally narrow it down to one gun. One other thing I've begun to consider is recoil. I'm getting older now and if it hurts to shoot a particular gun, I rule it out 'cause I know it will just sit in the safe. Hope that helps.
    Pete

Top Bottom