• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I'm surprised they let you get that close to the stalactites/stalagmites. Allegedly if you touch them, the oils can cause the formation to disfigure in the future (though it's unlikely we'll see it our lifetimes). There's also the issue of breaking off pieces as souvenirs and such. Definitely a neat sight as most caves do not have stalactites/stalagmites.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I'm surprised they let you get that close to the stalactites/stalagmites. Allegedly if you touch them, the oils can cause the formation to disfigure in the future (though it's unlikely we'll see it our lifetimes). There's also the issue of breaking off pieces as souvenirs and such. Definitely a neat sight as most caves do not have stalactites/stalagmites.
    They made mention of the fact the oil from hands can ruin them but several of the stalactites/stalagmites in a few areas were
    already broken near the walkway. Most of the other ones were out of reach. It was a rather cool cave especially for Indiana.
    I've been to Wind and Jewel caves in South Dakota and Cave of the Winds in Colorado. Caves are cool.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    They made mention of the fact the oil from hands can ruin them but several of the stalactites/stalagmites in a few areas were
    already broken near the walkway. Most of the other ones were out of reach. It was a rather cool cave especially for Indiana.
    I've been to Wind and Jewel caves in South Dakota and Cave of the Winds in Colorado. Caves are cool.
    Last cave I went to was Mammoth, which they are still discovering caves. I like caves, but could never be a spelunker. Very claustrophobic. Those photos of people crawling through foot wide crevices and tunnels freak me out.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    A few from Point Lobos SNR in Monterey County

brJ2UHh.jpg

G7U7Wkq.jpg

CUY398l.jpg

2SRpzmy.jpg

Top Bottom