• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Going to be building pistol, and i did pick up a spikes lower today for a great price

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 5.50.44 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 5.50.44 PM.png
      54 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Pistol build was kind of a whim. May end up building it but right now its on the back burner. I am trying to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of 5.56 out of a shorter barrel. Definitely gonna build something, just not sure what...

I know 5.56 loses a lot of velocity at shorter lengths. 300 Blackout is a consideration but availability of ammo is a concern.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I finished my 10.5" pistol build 2 weeks ago, for what I'm using it for (steel and poos and giggles) I couldn't care less about velocity decreasing. That 10.5" runs like a champ too, just as smooth as my 16" and 14.5"

Just depends what you want your rifle/pistol to do.

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I finished my 10.5" pistol build 2 weeks ago, for what I'm using it for (steel and poos and giggles) I couldn't care less about velocity decreasing. That 10.5" runs like a champ too, just as smooth as my 16" and 14.5"

Just depends what you want your rifle/pistol to do.
    Just wondering, where did you get your barrel?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Know anything about cmmg barrels?

I don't have any personal experience with them, but I've considered using their barrels before.

The salt nitride/melonite their barrels, so that's a plus. The only thing that bothers me from their site is they advise against rapid fire because it decreases barrel life, melonite is tough stuff so I'm wondering how many 10,000s of rounds it would take

I'd be comfortable with one of their barrels

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Pistol build was kind of a whim. May end up building it but right now its on the back burner. I am trying to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of 5.56 out of a shorter barrel. Definitely gonna build something, just not sure what...

I know 5.56 loses a lot of velocity at shorter lengths. 300 Blackout is a consideration but availability of ammo is a concern.

AND COST of 300 blackout -- how come most people don't mention the cost. Even if you reload, seems that brass is quite pricey and hard to round up.

p.s. THIS IS MY 1000th post, as Woody Harrelson said in Zombieland: " you gotta enjoy the little things" :)

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    AND COST of 300 blackout -- how come most people don't mention the cost. Even if you reload, seems that brass is quite pricey and hard to round up.

p.s. THIS IS MY 1000th post, as Woody Harrelson said in Zombieland: " you gotta enjoy the little things" :)
    Haha congrats. I kinda clumped cost with availability but good point!

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel

Form your own!

Seriously, there is some really cheap cast boolit load data out there for 300BLK.

Top Bottom