• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    If someone would make an inexpensive bullpup 9mm PCC. It would offset the size since all it would need is overall length requirement and it would retain a close handling of an SBR while still being useful. And when I meant inexpensive, I mean just that. The Tavor and X95 are cool, but those are really pricey guns and even more so to convert to 9mm.

You can buy a factory 9mm Tavor so no additional cost to convert are necessary.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    You can buy a factory 9mm Tavor so no additional cost to convert are necessary.

Still expensive. I'm talking about something so dead simple but still functional and cheap like if Kel-tec or Beretta made a bullpup of their PCCs and kept the prices about the same.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'd like to have a Tavor in 5.56 plus the 9mm conversation. But at the initial cost of $1600 then another $700 for the 9mm kit is a little steep. I have 3 rifles now that are north of $2300 each. At this point in my life I feel that trying to balance quality with quantity is best. That's why I probably will never get a Tavor

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'd like to have a Tavor in 5.56 plus the 9mm conversation. But at the initial cost of $1600 then another $700 for the 9mm kit is a little steep. I have 3 rifles now that are north of $2300 each. At this point in my life I feel that trying to balance quality with quantity is best. That's why I probably will never get a Tavor
    I thought about that at first. I figured I would hate converting it back and forth. Then I found a dedicated 9mm integrated suppressor for the Tavor and they released the dedicated 9mm Tavor, so I jumped and bought one when I saw one under $1500. The suppressor was $400 and the stamp $200. All together it is a great gun.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The cool pistol caliber stuff, has never been cheap. They might be cheaper to shoot, but stupid, expensive to buy.

My name is KJQ, and I'm an addict...........

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The cool pistol caliber stuff, has never been cheap. They might be cheaper to shoot, but stupid, expensive to buy.

My name is KJQ, and I'm an addict...........
    I really want a Sig MPX with the integrated suppressor. Hopefully they actually move on removing suppressors from the NFA.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I thought about that at first. I figured I would hate converting it back and forth. Then I found a dedicated 9mm integrated suppressor for the Tavor and they released the dedicated 9mm Tavor, so I jumped and bought one when I saw one under $1500. The suppressor was $400 and the stamp $200. All together it is a great gun.

How do you like that suppressor? I am intrigued by it. I may end up with a 5.56 tavor tomorrow in addition to my 9mm.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I love my 10.5" firearm/pistol in 9mm. It uses the Colt pattern magazine but I have also converted several, inexpensive Uzi mags to run in it too. At $10 each for 32 rounders, can't hardly pass them up.
    20150716_230656_zpsmjpl4qnr.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I love my 10.5" firearm/pistol in 9mm. It uses the Colt pattern magazine but I have also converted several, inexpensive Uzi mags to run in it too. At $10 each for 32 rounders, can't hardly pass them up.
    If that is not an registered SBR or AOW, you might want to delete that picture.
    ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longerdesigned to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install avertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’sNFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and10 years’ imprisonment.To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must make an appropriate applicationon ATF Form 1, “Application to Make and Register a Firearm.” The applicant must submit the completed form, along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant’s fingerprints; a photograph;and $200.00. The application will be reviewed by the NFA Branch. If the applicant is notprohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law, and possession of an“AOW” is not prohibited in the applicant’s State of residence, the form will be approved. Onlythen may the person add a vertical fore grip to the designated handgun.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/o...er-adding-vertical-fore-grip-handgun/download

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    KLB,
    Because the overall length is greater than 26", it can fall into the classification of a "Firearm", as long as it is not concealed on the person. In this configuration, it can have the FVG.
    Remove the FVG and it is now a "Pistol". Stupid, I know, but it's the Feds ruling, not mine.
    Hence my original post description of firearm/pistol.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    KLB,
    Because the overall length is greater than 26", it can fall into the classification of a "Firearm", as long as it is not concealed on the person. In this configuration, it can have the FVG.
    Remove the FVG and it is now a "Pistol". Stupid, I know, but it's the Feds ruling, not mine.
    Hence my original post description of firearm/pistol.

What's particularly crazy about the SBR vs. handgun definition that the ever nebulous NFA created is that you must meet overall length requirements if you simply put a butt stock on a handgun, but on the way to getting there, you can actually be under that length requirement (technically breaking the law if you had an ATFE agent standing there, perhaps) before you affix all the hardware.
    It's this sort of nonsense that makes it illegal to have a Thompson Center Contender bought as a rifle, then remove the butt stock and have it as a pistol, yet you're perfectly okay to buy the same gun sold as a pistol, then put a butt stock on it, just as long as the overall length meets that goofy 26" requirement.
    A law only a bureaucrat could love.

Top Bottom