• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not one to nitpick a movie to death over how "real" it should be, but I noticed that after learning how to properly hold a pistol I find myself thinking "Why is he holding it that way, it's all wrong," and it kinda bugs me.

Anyone else find themselves doing this? I think I'm going to get over it until I can shoot consistently accurate hahaha

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Watch "Way of the Gun". Excellent pistol handling in that one. Lots of reloading.

Good movie. Especially when he dives into the dried out fountain to find that's it been filled with glass shards.

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Some of the older movies where everyone shooting appears to be throwing their bullets due to the way they handle their revolvers... So much for acquiring any kind of useful sight picture.

Shooting off security chains and padlocks with ordinary handguns... Try this and I can assure you your own bullets will become your worst nightmare.

Shooting gas tanks that always explode... This has been proven to be nonsense.

Bullet impacts tossing people through the air... What can I say. :rolleyesedit:

Burning boxes of ammunition sending out bullets as if they had been discharged from a firearm... The truth is centerfire cartridge primers do pose a hazard when rounds cook off. This has been proven.

I'm sure I could add more to the list of gun goofs presented by Hollyweird. But I'll let someone else have a go at it. :wavey:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    bang.gif

Top Bottom