• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Anyone make it there and have a review of whether it is worth it? (both the fees and a trip down from Lafayette)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anyone make it there and have a review of whether it is worth it? (both the fees and a trip down from Lafayette)

My Dad and I went a couple weeks ago. The exhibit was a lot smaller and less varied (mostly single-action revolvers, but a few DAs, and a couple semi-autos) than I'd hoped. Dad is a history buff and loves old western movies and TV shows, so he got a kick out of seeing the presidential guns (including the unfinished JFK presentation piece) and those from Tom Mix, Roy Rogers and Gene Autry. When we were there, they had an artist/gunsmith giving lectures, and a gal portraying Annie Oakley narrating film footage of one of Buffalo Bill's wild west shows.

I recommend it if you are interested in seeing the rest of the museum (which is what we did; killed about 3 hours there), but not as an attraction unto itself.

My :twocents:

Last edited:

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I just went there. Very nice pistols. I just could not believe some of the engraving that they had on some of the pistols. Anney Oakley was very good looking. Just another perk of going there.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    The exhibit was a lot smaller and less varied (mostly single-action revolvers, but a few DAs, and a couple semi-autos) than I'd hoped.
    A coworker of mine went and he was saying the same thing about it this morning. Maybe I won't worry about catching it.

abomb86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Kinda disappointed in the whole deal, but IUPUI students get in free so theres a plus for me.

nevermnd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was there last month when Sean McVicker ( he was there February 6-14 only) was there. And he made the visit worth it. Talked to him for almost 1 hour, he went over every firearm that he brought with him to show the engraving process. It was a pleasure talking to him!

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think I'll be there tomorrow for our morning show on WISH-TV Channel 8. Can't remember if it's tomorrow or Sunday for sure...but we'll be there one of the next two days.

But if you want a look around inside and behind the scenes - check out Channel 8 from 7am-9am.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I'm wanting to go tomorrow. The Antique Firearm Collectors have a special exhibit this weekend, I think.

Here:

Antique Gun Collectors Show10:00 AM - 4:00 PMFor one day only guests will be able to attend a special show organized by members of the Indiana Antique Arms Collectors Association at the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art. The show will focus on pre-1898 weapons and accessories that document episodes in American and Western history. Powder horns, edged weapons, firearms and other items tied to military, target shooting, hunting and gunsmithing heritage will be featured. Wes Cowan, of Cowan’s Auctions, “History Detectives” and a featured PBS appraiser, will be on hand to offer appraisals of antique firearms, historical militaria, and Western artifacts. Appraisals are free with admission. The Antique Gun Collectors Show is being held in conjunction with the current exhibition, Pistols, Dazzling Firearms.

Top Bottom