Plans if the hearing protection act passes.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If it passes, it probably won't be too long before you can buy them in blister-packs, by the six-pack, at Walmart.

(Probably not the titanium/unobtanium ones but some sort).

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    If it passes, it probably won't be too long before you can buy them in blister-packs, by the six-pack, at Walmart.

(Probably not the titanium/unobtanium ones but some sort).

High quality Wal-Marx suppressors, *SHUDDER*
    I'd hate to see the crap that would come from China for those.

I would however like to walk into the LGS and pull a Gemtech from a wall peg like a spare mag or pack of ear plugs. I know they won't make it that easy, but it would be nice to do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    High quality Wal-Marx suppressors, *SHUDDER*
    I'd hate to see the crap that would come from China for those.

:laugh: Iknowright...but it will be interesting to see how the demand side of the market changes once all the hindrances are gone. Assuming it grows sufficiently, I would expect to see low cost, sort of disposable, alternatives. (I suppose that would need more than simply removing them from the NFA list. I would require they are considered no different than a magazine of sling).

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    IF they remove the restrictions I would likely buy a 22 and a 30 cal suppressor for my rifles. Using the 30 cal on my 223/556 rifles as well.
    Might go ahead and SBR my HK96 and suppress it as well.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    I was all set to buy last fall, but waited to see the outcome of the election. Holding off on my 30 cal can a little longer...

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I know a guy with a lathe and who is more excited than me about the possibility of this passing. So I'd say I'd just be buying lots of materials. I'd love to come up with my own k-baffles.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'd definitely get a .22 can, and maybe a dedicated .223 can, but will just have to wait for now.
    Still waiting to get my 30 cal Silencer Co Omega out of jail.

If the HPA passes there will still be some restrictions.
    They will still have serial numbers and background checks like buying a firearm since they are classified as such.
    Might also be wise to buy stock in any publicly traded suppressor manufacturer after HPA passes... :cool:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'll happily buy some 1 or 2 baffle mini-cans for my hunting guns. I don't need silent, but something to take the edge off would be nice.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'll happily buy some 1 or 2 baffle mini-cans for my hunting guns. I don't need silent, but something to take the edge off would be nice.

I like this thinking. With the hoops you need to jump through to get a can this is seldom the priority or goal. Normally you go as quiet as possible and you end up with something with a size that may not be ideal to its application. I think if you could easily specialize the can to the rifle/purpose of the rifle, you could end up with some really neat small suppressors.

Top Bottom