• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I have a dumb question I just got my new heritage 22 a couple days ago. I have shot it a few times then cleaned it inside and out the gave it a shot of Remington spray gun oil. My question is should I put it back into the plastic bag it came in in the box or leave it out of the bag and just keep it in the box? Thanks for looking. GD

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    Yes the bag inside the case that the pistol came in from the factory. I think I'm going to forget the bad for fear of condensation. I've had some people tell me not to leave it out of the bag for storage and didn't know if I was missing out on something. I do oil it after it gets handled for that's pretty regular being its new and have to show it off I guess and also get good cleaning after shooting as with all my guns. Thanks for the reply. GD

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    They make plastic bags for storing guns in for long term storage. You can also put them in a vacuum sealer bag for long term storage. I would say if you are not going to use for a couple of month, oiling it should work fine for you.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'd suggest keeping it in a security box of some kind, but maybe that's just me. :)

I'd also save the mfg box somewhere to keep it in nice shape, so you've got it if you ever want to sell.

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I am planning on getting a security box to put the pistols in. That's a good idea but do plan on keeping the original box and paperwork in too. Thanks for your replies GD

Scoe3202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    I just got my first hand gun last year and I bought a firesafe for two reasons. It doesn't scream I have firearms not to mention its heavy as hell(so in the event of a break on have fun picking it up.) Also it has enough room to store valuable documents along with your gun and case in it with protection in the event of a fire your gun and all valuables stand a fightinf chance.

Top Bottom