• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A co-worker just informed me that 3 different guys told him we have to register every weapon we carry!? I told him they were misinformed that Indiana has no gun registration. I am sure the ensuing furor over any attempt to do so would be front page material. Where would this rumor be coming from?

Thanks

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Well, according to texas law...

Just kidding. In some states, you are required to register your firearms. In Indiana, however, there is no such thing as a firearm registry, unless you have Class III or SBR type stuff.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Have your coworker ask those 3 different people to find the forms to register your guns because you have some catching up to do :stickpoke:

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    :ingo:probably from illinois trying to keep their citizens from moving here they have no ltch nor will they honor any other states

semper fi :patriot:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    They are probably confusing that with filling out a yellow 4473 for new dealer firearms transfers. Those stay at the dealer until the dealer goes out of business THEN then ATF puts them into their secret unlawful database.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think its Michigan that requires every gun to be registered. Definitely not Indiana.

Michigan, until two years ago, had a required "safety check" on every new handgun you purchase. It was a thinly-veiled registration scheme, of course. It's no longer required.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I've been building a gun registry for gun owners for years. It's easy! Just go to any forum, look at their post signatures, photobuckets, bragging about owning stuff and build a database surrounding there. OMG!

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    I had a neighbor rant to me about how my buying a handgun in a FTF sale was illegal and that I had to register it.:rolleyes:

He's the same guy who went on about the superiority of his G23 over my 19 because "9mm won't go through auto glass." :laugh: I need to ask him where he registered his fo-tay.

RedCell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    I had a neighbor rant to me about how my buying a handgun in a FTF sale was illegal and that I had to register it.:rolleyes:

He's the same guy who went on about the superiority of his G23 over my 19 because "9mm won't go through auto glass." :laugh: I need to ask him where he registered his fo-tay.

How many windshields has your neighbor shot through? Even if it were true, that's horrible logic!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've been building a gun registry for gun owners for years. It's easy! Just go to any forum, look at their post signatures, photobuckets, bragging about owning stuff and build a database surrounding there. OMG!

Yep, it wouldn't be too hard to find out for some.

Top Bottom