• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    While the correct answer is "sour", be aware that to date, no debate has ever been "settled" on INGO. Someone will be along shortly to adamantly swear it is correctly pronounced "cupcake" just to be the voice of opposition. :twocents:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Frankly, the mispronouncing of the "K" word in H&K bothers me more. But then, I've never heard Sauer pronounced "Sawyer." Always sour, or even more of a schwa for the vowel sound "sahr."

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Don't want to come of as pedantic, but the power of OCD commands me! The vowels don't all get stirred into a stew in there. The "au" digraph has a sound like ow. Not like "ow, I just hit my thumb with the hammer" but a little more restrained, with the w shortened. The "er" is almost like ours, but they're very subtle with the r. The er actually comes out more resembling what we would think of as "ah". Not like "ahh, this hot tub is glorious"; the h is also very subtle.

So the whole thing goes together as something like "Sowah", most closely approximated by, yes, sour.

Top Bottom