• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Bang for the buck? Maybe a CZ Redhead.

I am shocked at the quality of wood I have seen in some of those CZ Redheads...Same quality of wood you would see in a firearm costing twice as much..

Also plus one on the Indiana Gun Club selection...My dad and uncle would drive up once a month and shoot clays and came home more than once with a nice shotgun...He said bar none the best selection of used o/u's in the region....

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Thanks for the shot guys. Helps me remember how old I am. When I shot in the Grand 40 years ago we referred to Trap as sporting clays. Excuse me for getting old. :dunno:
    Probably from northern Indiana too......oh wait, you are!

I bet even with your BT99 you could out score plenty.

Last edited:

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    Did a little research for you. There is the o/u made for Savage called the Milano. I heard somewhere that they are made by Rizzini. They can be bought much more reasonably than a 525 Browning and should be a very wise choice. My best friend just found a nice one in 28 ga. It looked pretty well made. He likes it a lot.

Last edited:

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by fastwally
    Thanks for the shot guys. Helps me remember how old I am. When I shot in the Grand 40 years ago we referred to Trap as sporting clays. Excuse me for getting old. :dunno:
    Probably from northern Indiana too......oh wait, you are!

I bet even with your BT99 you could out score plenty.

Additional support of fastwally. Hard to beat the ubiquitous BT 99 at trap. Had a Trap Range owner loan me one for 25 birds from the 27 yard line. He told me, "she shoots straight". That exact gun followed me home, and has never left my side. A marriage made in heaven. The previous owner still gripes about selling it to me and it's been 5 or 6 years. The other pretty nice gun has been a safe queen ever since.

Top Bottom