• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Of course in the end it's the result of Trump's and the GOP's violent rhetoric that caused him to do it.

I'm pretty sure that the rhetoric from BLM riots all through the summer of 2020 had way more to do with this guy's reasons for shooting people. The antisemitic motive seems to be most plausible at this time.

There is hateful rhetoric coming from elements within the right, but that's far from mainstream right. Hateful rhetoric comes from mainstream sources on the left. The mainstream left from the 80s looks like it could be called conservatives today.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The mainstream left from the 80s looks like it could be called conservatives today.
    Yet they can't bring themselves to vote conservative. I wouldn't care if they started voting Libertarian as long as they stop enabling the forces bent on destroying the republic - just can't see those guys on INGO waking up before it is too late. they just go off down the 'all politicians are [corrupt, power hungry insert your favorite choice here]' and then use that as an excuse to vote for the same old power centers despite the rapid deviation from their stated ideals

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yet they can't bring themselves to vote conservative. I wouldn't care if they started voting Libertarian as long as they stop enabling the forces bent on destroying the republic - just can't see those guys on INGO waking up before it is too late. they just go off down the 'all politicians are [corrupt, power hungry insert your favorite choice here]' and then use that as an excuse to vote for the same old power centers despite the rapid deviation from their stated ideals
    Exactly. I was talking to a coworker who I thought was intelligent the day after Obama was elected. She beamed (literally) that she was a proud democrat and voted for him, and that she is carrying on a 3rd generation of women democrat voters in her maternal line. So I had her take the worlds smallest political quiz. She was flabbergasted that her views didnt really line up with Democrats.

She politely accused me of sending her to "one of those prank polls that no matter what you answer the result is always the same". Her mind was literally blown to the point she just couldnt comprehend not being a democrat by principle. She was going to go back and change her answers to make sure it was correct.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    A buddy of mine is a diehard union Dem. I asked him several questions on how he thought on immigration, welfare, energy, and healthcare. After every answer I said "Welcome to the Republican Party". Why in the heck would he vote D?!?!?! Smart guy but he still wasn't swayed. Someday he'll wake up and go DAMNIT.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly. I was talking to a coworker who I thought was intelligent the day after Obama was elected. She beamed (literally) that she was a proud democrat and voted for him, and that she is carrying on a 3rd generation of women democrat voters in her maternal line. So I had her take the worlds smallest political quiz. She was flabbergasted that her views didnt really line up with Democrats.

She politely accused me of sending her to "one of those prank polls that no matter what you answer the result is always the same". Her mind was literally blown to the point she just couldnt comprehend not being a democrat by principle. She was going to go back and change her answers to make sure it was correct.
    It's a virtue signal. it's fake morality as a proxy for moral living.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A buddy of mine is a diehard union Dem. I asked him several questions on how he thought on immigration, welfare, energy, and healthcare. After every answer I said "Welcome to the Republican Party". Why in the heck would he vote D?!?!?! Smart guy but he still wasn't swayed. Someday he'll wake up and go DAMNIT.
    Religion/politics......Once invested it is soooo hard to admit you were that wrong for that long.

I have a really good friend that is an active Dem party member and deeply connected in it. But to discuss the ways of the world with him he is as conservative as I am. :headscratch:

Makes no sense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s hard to give up an identity. To him it’s like a Patriots fan trying to convince a Colts fan to switch his favorite team.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    It’s hard to give up an identity. To him it’s like a Patriots fan trying to convince a Colts fan to switch his favorite team.
    My father was an extremely liberal and vocal Democrat for all of his adult life. That is, until he retired from his job at the old Republic Steel plant on Da Sout Side a Chicago. His getting out from under the cudgel of the United Steelworkers' Union was like flipping a switch. He began to realize that his upbringing and worldview were quite conservative. He died an extremely conservative and vocal Republican.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My father was an extremely liberal and vocal Democrat for all of his adult life. That is, until he retired from his job at the old Republic Steel plant on Da Sout Side a Chicago. His getting out from under the cudgel of the United Steelworkers' Union was like flipping a switch. He began to realize that his upbringing and worldview were quite conservative. He died an extremely conservative and vocal Republican.
    It can happen. But it takes that kind of eye opening to do it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    There's a saying, "If you're not a democrat when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not a republican when you're old, you have no brain."

Top Bottom