• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier7400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Evansville Indiana
    Good news .380 fans, Gander Mountain has .380 on sale this week. I wish I hadnt of sold my Walther when ammo was scarce, that gun was a trooper! The old PPK is a classic that will never die! PPK all the way!

ryan3326

Marksman
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Indiana
    When I pocket carry a gun it is a S&W Bodyguard. Compared to the Ruger LCP and Keltec - the trigger is immensely better. I like it's ergonomics much more. The laser is cool - but I never turn it on and wouldn't plan to.
    They are a bit hard to find but are very much worth looking at.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I currently have a Sig P238, Bersa Thunder and a PPK. I'd definitely go with a Sig over the PPK. The Bersa is a great choice too, and is a better gun than the PPK performance wise. The PPK is a bit nicer looking in some ways, but does not function as well as the Bersa. But, if you guy a Sig P238, you will not regret it one bit. They are great little guns that are fun to shoot, yet fit nicely in a pocket. There are not too many guns that can do both.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Second pistol I ever bought was a Sig 230 and I love it, though it's a safe queen these days. I'll have to look at the 238, though, if I ever have the budget for it.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I have a TCP that goes everywhere with me. It eats everything I have put through it. Not one malfunction. I shoot it every chance I get. The slide locks back on an empty magazine. I picked it up at cabelas for $280. Trigger gets better every time I shoot it. The only thing don't like about it are the sites. But it points well for me and I train at 5 to 15 yards. I shoot at steel at 15 yrds with good results. It works for me. I put it on with my belt in the morning and take it off at night. I am 6' 3" and 190 lbs and I forget its there.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    A DETONICS 380
    pop_wm_3268791.jpg

dude, wow. Never thought one of these would surface up. I just sold my Scoremaster to another INGOer. *threadjack over*

The P238 is the way to go, IMO. But, I am a dyed-in-the-wool 1911 guy and the 238 is a great brother to a commander's gun on the hip. If you aren't down with a SAO trigger and safety, the Kahr p380 is the way to go IMO. It might be $150 more than the Ruger, or $200 more than a Kel-tec, but the improvement in quality across the board is worth it. Smoother trigger, much better fit/finish, better ergos.

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    I have a LCP and I like it so far. In my opinion I would tend to think that a pocket .380 is going to be about the same as the next. I bought the LCP because they offered a pink frame. Bought that for the wife at the same time I bought mine. It carries well in the pocket. Yes the trigger pull is long, but this is not a gun that you will shoot daily. I carry it in a Desantis Nemesis in my back pocket and you cant really tell what it is. If you would go with any of the mouse guns I think you would be happy with your choice.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    Cant speak for the others listed, but I carry a LCP and am very happy with the way it fits in front or back pocket. Very easy to carry and use.

Gandrews1450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Centerville, IN
    The LCP is very small and would be a great gun is you wanted to put it in your pocket. but if you have the room to spare i would opt for a metal frame. I bought a LCP but it ultimately ended up in the closet for my wife for when i am not home.

Vet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Owned the LCP, good for concealed carry, good little shooter, shot a friends TCP .380
    nice, however the LCP in my opinion a better .380 Vet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    kahr p380

very glock like except take down and trigger it uses a 7lb trigger? very smooth and long

needs break in though, a box of s&b and it will feed/bang/extract anything you feed it

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have both the P3AT and the LCP w/CT laser, both great pocket pistols, reliable and a good buy for the money. Both are light weight, slim and extremely easy to conceal. Neither is very much fun to shoot. Ruger a little more refined and maybe a little sturdier but Kel-Tec is the smallest and easiest to carry.

My experience is similar, though I have an Armalaser on the P3AT and no laser on the LCP. They are very similar.
    The Ruger is marginally more pleasant to shoot, but it's similar to the difference between pouring 40% alcohol into an open wound and doing so with 60% alcohol: neither is much fun at all.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    ... In my opinion I would tend to think that a pocket .380 is going to be about the same as the next. ...

That's not the case in my experience. I've owned a number of 380s and they are very different animals from each other. Some are pretty soft shooters (PK380) and others are a lot sharper in recoil (Bersa and PPK). The Sig is much nicer to shoot than most of the others I've owned, yet is smaller than all of them.

Top Bottom