• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I wear baggy cargo shorts all summer, so I can get away with my Shield 9mm in a pocket holster. :D Otherwise, I'd probably opt for the Bodyguard. What can I say? I like S&W!

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    +1 for the Smith BG380. I've tried the LCP as well. I like both but give the nod to the Smith. It just feels a little more well built to me, I like the fact that the slide locks open on an empty magazine (the LCP does not), and I like the fact that the Smith has real sights instead of just a groove cut in the slide.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I have or had the following; g19, keltec pf9, sw bodyguard, lcp, j-frame all-steel centennial (model 40-1), ppk/s, browning 1910, cm9. I hate carrying anything in my front pockets. I clip keys to my belt.
    smallest: lcp
    lightest: lcp
    least expensive: lcp
    best shooting; cm9
    most fun to shoot; cm9
    hardest to shoot; ppk/s
    best for pocket: lcp
    best ccw; cm9
    which do/did i like best (in-order); ppk/s, browning 1910, SW model 40-1, cm9, g19, bodyguard .380, pf9.
    nothing is perfect in the gun world. that is why i keep buying new guns:)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have a DB 380, Diamond back, you just have to be careful and get one with a serial number of ZC or later. Stay away from any that start with ZA, they had problems. They look like a mini Glock. I carry mine in a DeSantis nylon pocket holster. I have been very pleased with it.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I like my Kel-Tec P3AT. If I did it again, I might go with the Ruger LCP. I do like a slide hold open on empty as a visual clue. Otherwise, the original version works great.

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burns Harbor by the Dunes
    I carry a Taurus TCP 380 and really like it. I was going to buy a Ruger LCP but after holding both the Taurus and Ruger the Taurus fit my hand better. You really need to handle each gun to make a final decision on which to buy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom