• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    The Keltec P3AT is a 380. The P32 is the 32ACP model which is a couple ounces lighter than the 380. I have seen both models for $200 or less used.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    Im going to bradis tomorrow. As of right now im gonna get the pt22, but who knows what ill leave with..:rolleyes:

Anyone else have that problem :):

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    My pocket option used to be a P-32, then it was an LCP when it came out. I recently ditched the .380 and got a LCR. Doesn't carry as well in jeans but carries awesome in my cargo shorts with big pockets. Throw a couple speed strips/loaders in one of the cargo pockets and I'm good to go.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    In the micro pocket gun arena, the only thing the .22 has on the .25 is ammo price. If compared out of similar barrels (.22 specs tend to be from rifle barrels) they are almost identical in power. The biggest difference between the two is the .25 is a center fire, and has a slightly better record for reliability. If you are interested in something to shoot the snot out of, a 22 would save money in the long run, but if its more for a self defense, and not something you intend to shoot hundreds of round a month, the .25 may be the better choice.
    Better yet, look into the .32, or .380 pocket guns, not quite as small, but much better as a self defense caliber than either 22 or 25.

exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I have shot the Taurus PT22 and it functioned very well, and was decently accurate for the size of the barrel. If you are open to suggestions, I would highly recommend a Bersa or Firestorm Thunder 22. I purchased one for 250 brand new about 4 months ago, so you could probably find one used for just around 200. They are modeled after the Walther PPK, and they function flawlessly. I shot CCI mini mags and Stingers out of mine at the range about 2 weeks ago and I was shooting very tight groups at around 7 to 10 yards. IMO, if you are going to carry a 22lr as a spare, CCI stingers or mini mags are definitely the way to go. But, I dont think you will be dissatisfied with the Taurus either. I have around 6 Taurus handguns and I have not had any really concerning issues with any of them.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up going with the taurus, because ammo is cheap and it will be easy to teach my girlfriend to shoot it.
    Here she is...the gun i mean lol
    picture.php

JCDPA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    You're both going to enjoy that one. Lifetime warranty on the Taurus, cheap to shoot and get used to pistols, great stepping stone to bigger calibers. Be safe, have fun.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    will do, thanks.
    i gave it to her when she got home and she loves it, suprisingly.
    For her to like a gun it has to be "pretty". well anyway ill get her comfortable with this and when she moves up it will be all mine.
    I have a feeling shes gonna pick the sig p238 when she upgrades
    :(I dont even have a sig yet lol

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    will do, thanks.
    For her to like a gun it has to be "pretty". well anyway ill get her comfortable with this and when she moves up it will be all mine.

Planning ahead I see. My girlfriend has talked about wanting to. Shoot an AR-15 which she hasn't touched since she rocked M16's in the army. It's a free pass to get another toy right?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    will do, thanks.

Thought you were buying this for you as a pocket gun? Either way nice choice. Cheap and fun to shoot also.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    Planning ahead I see. My girlfriend has talked about wanting to. Shoot an AR-15 which she hasn't touched since she rocked M16's in the army. It's a free pass to get another toy right?
    thats right lol

Thought you were buying this for you as a pocket gun? Either way nice choice. Cheap and fun to shoot also.
    well thats what it started out as, and my girlfriend saw one online and actually liked it so i decided to get it for her. Ive been looking for something for her to learn with for awhile but she thinks everything I suggest is "ugly". so this time i was looking for something for me and she liked it so...early bday gift to her i guess :):

Top Bottom