• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have to agree with the J frame guys. I've carried a 640-3 as a bug for the last few years. I carry it in a pocket holster.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I carry a J frame on most days, but I've been known to carry a Kel-Tec P32 or a Bersa Thunder .380.
    The P32 I can literally hide behind my palm. It fits nicely into a back pocket, though it's not very comfortable to sit on.

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I picked up a Sig P238 for pocket carry. My main concern was for times when I'm wearing casual pants for work. It seems to work just fine in a DeSantis Super Fly holster in this scenario. And it works great in cargo pants and shorts. I've also considered the Ruger LCR too for this. In fact I'm trying to resist the urge to buy one of those now.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Had an lcp, sold it because it sucks to shoot, bought a Kahr cm9, now have another lcp on order because the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun and I have found that I am much more likely to keep the lcp with me than anything more bulky.

By the way, just got the LCP off a GunBroker auction for $195 + $15 shipping. Buds Guns has them for $230 shipping included.

Still not selling the Kahr though.

Yeah, only reason I have my LCP is because I got it in a trade for a .22lr revolver straight up. Couldn't shoot the .22 due to the lack of ammo and it wasn't anything expensive, cost me $125 for it, so I figured it was a fair deal. I definitely wouldn't carry it over a full size or even a compact or sub-compact. I don't much care for the sub-compact Glocks either, but even those are easier to shoot than the LCP.

varkman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Jeffersonville
    I would consider any of the Kel-Tec line of pockets guns, reliable, affordable, and I think, well made! I have bought several used, and they are 100% reliable, bought one 3at new, and it had a stiff trigger pull, but with time, and rounds down range it shoots great!

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    When i think of a pocket gun i think of a keltec p3at, s&w bodyguard 380, kahr p380 and the ruger lcp. Im a not a big guy so most of the revolvers or lc9 size guns dont cut it for pocket carry. My favorite for the money is prolly the lcp custom. Lots of options. Im carrying the p3at because when i bought it there werent any other pocket pistol available in that size range.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Love my Kt32 recently bought the Kahr CW380 and my KT has taken a back seat.
    in not particular order
    SW642
    Kahr CW380
    Keltec32/380 The trick to keeping these reliable DO NOT DRY FIRE!! and when disassembling index and middle fingers on each side of dis pin.
    Kahr CM9
    In my experience these lil guns like grease MilTec is a fine grease. I pocket carry alot and clean my pocket pistols often (lint) is a killer!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    My Kt32 has NEVER hiccuped!! used to be my sons favorite, hes put 8-900 rds thru it WITH ZERO ISSUES!!

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Currently for me it's a LCP in either a Galco or Blackhawk holster. It's light with 7 rounds and easy to carry in almost any pocket. If you get and carry a pocket pistol -remember to use a holster and nothing else goes in the same pocket but the weapon. Also make sure to practice drawing and dry fire from the pocket. It takes some time to get the muscle memory down. Easy to fumble....
    Good luck,
    Wildcatfan

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Started with a Kahr CM9 in right front pocket with a kydex holster. I've transitioned to a Smith 642 in a Nemisis and it's much more comfortable and doesn't print nearly as much. Might be the holster more than the gun, but I haven't even seen the CM9 since I started carrying the Smith. All of these are $400+/- guns new and $300+/- used.

My first Kahr was a CW9 based on the slightly larger and more comfortable grip, but it's just a little too big for the pocket. Picked up the CM9 locally in as-new condition for $275 and later found a deal on an all steel K9(strictly for range use),........so I'm pretty well covered with the small 9mm Kahrs.

My first 642(the one I carry)was picked up off of GB used, but unfired in the box, for $300. $345 by the time I had it shipped and transferred. Just picked up another 642 off GB as a backup and it shows a bit more wear but came with a ton of accessories. Figuring the gun alone shipped and transferred at about $275,.......quite a bargain. I've got a couple of older Smith 36's but much prefer the hammerless for SD use and don't really believe in having single action capability in a defense gun of any sort.

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I'd go with the Glock 42 it's a solid choice. Might be a little large for you're needs but is very soft shooting with a pinkie extension.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    On the low end the S&W shield, decent enough trigger and feels good in the hand at a really good price. Right now can be had for about $320.00 Normally around $389.00

On the other end of the spectrum. CZ Rami 2075BD Cajunized. Second strike capable, decocker, butter smooth trigger, very accurate and got that known for CZ's quick follow up. It is a all metal gun which could be considered a negative for some but makes it a pleasure to shoot. Comes standard with tritium 3-dot combat night sights.Cost about $1,000.00 if you buy directly from Cajun Gun Works. If you want a standard decocker version about $550.00

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Imo real pocket guns (pants pocket not jacket) are the smallest guns available. Lcp, p3at, rm380, cw380, etc. The smallest possible carry. Smallest 9 to consider would be a pm/cm9 from kahr.

Top Bottom