• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mm5de88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Clinton In
    I am looking to get a small pistol to carry during bow season. The area I hofunt there are alot of meth heads & pot growers so would like to find the best pistol i could carry in my pocket.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My first piece of advice would be to try to find another place to hunt.:):

If that is not going to work I would not carry a "pocket pistol" but a full size and OC it. There are too many good ones to narrow it down. If you insist on pocket carry I would go with a hammerless Smith or comparable weapon (i.e. Taurus, Charter Arms, etc..) in a minimum of 38 special. All offered IMHO.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF

If that is not going to work I would not carry a "pocket pistol" but a full size and OC it. There are too many good ones to narrow it down. If you insist on pocket carry I would go with a hammerless Smith or comparable weapon (i.e. Taurus, Charter Arms, etc..) in a minimum of 38 special. All offered IMHO.

I agree. If you are only looking to pocket carry, there are several good choices. I carry a Ruger LCP in a Tucker Gunleather (Buy Pocket Holsters for Concealed Carry at www.tuckergunleather.com online) pocket holster. Mine came in a week. This is by far the best setup for me that I have tried. .

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    My all time favorite concealed carry gun is S&W j-frame. Fits nicely in a pocket, but can be a bit heavy. A few weeks ago I took my .380 Colt Mustang Pocketlite to the range. Although very light (14 oz), it's a smooth shooter. The locked breech tames the recoil. I think it's easier to handle than my blowback PPK/S. Great pocket pistol. Sig P238 is almost the same gun and Colt is again making the Pocketlite. Hardly notice it in my pocket.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte

My exact sentiment.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    pocket%20pistol%20guide.jpg

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I haven't shot either, but just handling them in gun shops I like the Kahr also but if I end up getting a pocket pistol I would get the LCP because I think it's a pretty good bang for the buck.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I am curious as to why you want a "pocket" pistol. I would personally feel better carrying a big Glock 20 on my belt than anything that would fit in my pocket.

tmf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I have a LCP and I've put over 1000 rounds through it in a few months. I carry it with me when I run in a modified belly band. I also have a Crossbreed micro clip and a pocket holster. This gun has become much more involved in my carry routine than I originally expected. Would I carry it when the SHTF, yes, as a 3rd backup... but for my everyday activities where the choice is 8+1 or unarmed...you can imagine my choice.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    actually. i can just about guarantee that concealing a firearm while hunting is VERY frowned upon and may even be illegal. i never had the need to carry another firearm arise while hunting.

Top Bottom