• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrams12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Been thinking of purchasing a pocket pistol, but will likely be on a tight budget. I currently own and carry a G17, and would like to purchase a G26. But, the price of the subcompact Rugers is pretty nice. Not too sure of the .380 ACP round though. I would rather stick with 9mm. Has anyone had issues with the Ruger LCP, LC9, or LC380? Thanks!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I have both the Glock 26 and a Ruger LC9, the Glock 26 is a lot thicker/larger than the LC9. I use the LC9 as my pocket gun and its been a fine gun.

If I had to get rid of one of them though it would be the Ruger LC9.

MillersTime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Lowell
    I have the XDS (still waiting for it to come back :-( ), The LCR, LCP, and Glock 27. What I carry depends on where I'm going or how I'm dressed. The LCR and LCP fit nicely anywhere but I like the XDS 45 and Glock 27 for IWB carry. Hell sometimes I carry 2. lol
    Moral of my story is shoot everything your interested in first so you know you like it...or if your like me, buy them all!

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I like my CM9 or my LCR for pocket carry. The LCR is more of a true pocket carry for me, but I really like the CM9....... I use a size 4 Blackhawk pocket holster for both. I carry at least one speed strip or a back up mag as well. Either is a great pcoket carry for me.
    Best of luck,
    Wildcatfan

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a LCP and I like it okay. I dont think its a "brilliant" gun by any means, but its light, thin, and goes bang. I dont think i'd hit too much with it very far. I like the looks of the LC9, however I agree with the trigger being way too long. I shot a buddys and I wasnt as big of a fan as I hoped (I had intentions to buy one at one time). My edc is a XDS (mines on vacation currently too) and I really like it. arent the G26's about the same size as the XDS? never shot the G26, but if its about the size of the XDS I wouldnt want it for pocket carry. Maybe my pockets are too small or something, YMMV. If I was to upgrade my LCP to something a bit nicer, I have looked at the single action Sig .380s (P238?). Dont know anything about em, but I held one at a store and liked it.

jwestindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Martinsville Area
    I carry a Sccy, Cpx2. I have sent over 500 rounds down range without any issues. 10+1 capacity, 9mm. There are many nicer pistols out there, but for the price I like the Sccy over the Ruger or the Kel tec.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I don't know that I'd call the G26 a pocket gun unless you wear enormous pants that could double as a tent. It's definitely better than any of the usual pocket guns when concidered in a vacuum. The LC9 is pretty big for pocket carry too in my opinion. I'd just get the G26 and a decent IWB holster unless there's some reason you absolutely must pocket carry.

gncc600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Lafayette
    I had a SIG p238 and really liked it but decided to get a G26 and haven't looked back. I do really miss my tiny P238. I find myself not taking the Glock as much just because its a lot bigger than the 238. That all being said the little Ruger is a nice pocket pistol. I think it is higher quality than anything from KEL-Tec but a not as nice as a Kahr.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I don't know that I'd call the G26 a pocket gun unless you wear enormous pants that could double as a tent. It's definitely better than any of the usual pocket guns when concidered in a vacuum. The LC9 is pretty big for pocket carry too in my opinion. I'd just get the G26 and a decent IWB holster unless there's some reason you absolutely must pocket carry.
    I agree with the LC9 being too big for front pocket carry. I tried it along with the G26 at LGS and felt it imprinted too much with the casual jeans I normally wear. So, I'm sticking with my 4 y.o. LCP that hides just fine. YMMV depending on size of pockets...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Different people have different comfort levels. Personally, I think it is much better to carry a quality EDC in an IWB. You will shoot it more often thus becoming more proficient with it. I really have no issue with a hammerless snubby as they have no issues with reliability or quick presentation. They are also more accurate with practice. Of course, this is only my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I agree with the LC9 being too big for front pocket carry. I tried it along with the G26 at LGS and felt it imprinted too much with the casual jeans I normally wear. So, I'm sticking with my 4 y.o. LCP that hides just fine. YMMV depending on size of pockets...

I like my LCP too. It's not really "enough" gun in my opinion, but it's still better than the nothing I'd be carrying in situations where I choose to carry it. It's still better to carry a quality 9mm or better if possible.

Top Bottom