• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems too good to be true but I've seen the same commercials you have. So, yeah, I'm interested in real life testimonials.

:popcorn:

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I have a Schumacher SL1 Red Fuel.

I'm found of anything made by Anker, and probably would have gone that route, but the Red Fuel was a gift from someone who works with Schumacher.
    I like it, I stripped down the accessories to the ones I need on the road, ditched the included case, and put it in a Condor utility molle pouch.

It works, I've jumped cars and motorcycles with it. I like the carrying it on the motorcycle because of the added feature that I can charge my phone and other electronics in a jam.

Lots of choices out there, all around the same cost. I would go with a reputable brand with a decent warranty and stay away from fly by night infomercial types.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a Schumacher SL1 Red Fuel.

I'm found of anything made by Anker, and probably would have gone that route, but the Red Fuel was a gift from someone who works with Schumacher.
    I like it, I stripped down the accessories to the ones I need on the road, ditched the included case, and put it in a Condor utility molle pouch.

It works, I've jumped cars and motorcycles with it. I like the carrying it on the motorcycle because of the added feature that I can charge my phone and other electronics in a jam.

Lots of choices out there, all around the same cost. I would go with a reputable brand with a decent warranty and stay away from fly by night infomercial types.

Thanks for the response!

I'm ignorant of which brands are reputable. I only know the mini max from the commercials and the pocket power plus & X from endorsements on Glenn Beck's network.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I can't recommend Anker products enough. I buy Anker for all my phone chargers, cables, portable batteries (smaller ones, won't jump a car, but can charge a phone a few times...) etc... Great quality and customer service.

Something they make that is similar to what you are looking at: Click Here
    A larger one: Click Here

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I can't recommend Anker products enough. I buy Anker for all my phone chargers, cables, portable batteries (smaller ones, won't jump a car, but can charge a phone a few times...) etc... Great quality and customer service.

I agree. Anker has top notch external batteries

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Thanks! Those look good, but even the bigger one isn't rated for jump starting my truck (it's a 5.3L V8). I would expect it would work, but . . .

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    So I'm looking at these two batteries/chargers:

https://www.tryminimax.com/apgminimax/18.0000/index.dtm?otsrid=d665b1c6-2f37-4388-9310-6f3d768201f6

Pocket Power X

Both can allegedly jump start multiple vehicles on one charge. Obviously they'll be good for recharging the mobile phone, flashlights, etc.

Thoughts? Which is a better product? Which is a better deal?

Alternatives?

Discuss!

Search Amazon for anything by Anker. The battery chargers are solidly built, dirt cheap and their customer service is like Disney World. I bought a $70 iPad keyboard case combo and the mount was slightly warped. Like most people wouldn't even notice or care. They sent a brand new one overnight for free. Let me keep the old one. What? Simply amazing. I really love their solar chargers as well. The 21W one charges my iphone in an hour in full sun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another vote for Anker. They are the Apple/Microsoft of the Charging industry. They were the first to release multiport high current chargers for USB. And they havent stopped innovating. Their emergency portable solar chargers are rated best of the best by several sites. The best part about theirs is the charging circuit doesnt shut down when it loses the sun for a bit. Other chargers apparently do. Nothing ruins your day like expecting to come back to a fully charged cell only to find that the big cloud that passed overhead at 9am caused the charging circuit to shut off for the day. :xmad: I'm looking to add one of their solar chargers and high capacity power cell to my kit as soon as I can.

They are my go-to for chargers. These ROCK for charging stations. One plug to charge 2 iphones, 2 ipads and a kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge...8&qid=1473120088&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+5+port

EDIT: Oh, and my company buys their car chargers by the case for our issued ipads/iphones and while I am not directly in the support of those devices, I havent heard of a single charger being replaced due to failure. (sample size in the hundreds by now)

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't know about some of you, but I could do without such frills as a "built-in flashlight." Just one more thing to get accidentally activated and drain the power pack and I always carry a couple of flashlights with me everywhere. The idea of a power pack that could be used to jump start a car as well as recharge electronics is intriguing; especially if it can be combined with a solar charger.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the ongoing Anker recommendations. I see that they make good stuff, but their external batteries aren't rated for jump starting engines as big as the one in truck.

My cousin showed me a Matco unit that would dp the job. It's a lot more expensive than the infomercial batteries, but he can get a decent discount.

Top Bottom