• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    The layout is... odd. I like the way the counter is setup for the range better, but I really don't like going through the "lounge" area to get to the range. Also, there is even less space for getting into your range bag to get ears and eyes and get them on, which is a bit of a pain. Yeah, I know you can just do it right there with everyone around you, but it would seem better thought out if there was an area where this could be done out of the way of everyone else. At least at the Carmel location the sales counter to the right of the door makes a convenient space for this. Just my :twocents:

I agree, there are some interesting design choices. I too, like the range counter location. I would prefer to have the television that runs the safety video on the other side of the range counter as it would benefit more people lining up, since we could probably just play it on loop. Outside of that I have some comments on more of the behinds the scenes stuff in terms of layout but I wont really get into that.

On a side note, TODAY WAS FREAKIN BUSY!

Obviously the staff is better up North... ;)

You do for sure have some quality staff, but you dont have me, so Greenwood wins.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I agree, there are some interesting design choices. I too, like the range counter location. I would prefer to have the television that runs the safety video on the other side of the range counter as it would benefit more people lining up, since we could probably just play it on loop. Outside of that I have some comments on more of the behinds the scenes stuff in terms of layout but I wont really get into that.

On a side note, TODAY WAS FREAKIN BUSY!

I noticed that when I was in. I saw you (making an assumption) getting people ready to go into the range, so I didn't go up and introduce myself. I'll be there tomorrow around opening though and will say hello if you're there.

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    I noticed that when I was in. I saw you (making an assumption) getting people ready to go into the range, so I didn't go up and introduce myself. I'll be there tomorrow around opening though and will say hello if you're there.

Always come and say Hi! I'll be in Wed/Thur/Sat next week!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Is the Greenwood location officially open? I know the website says so, but I just tried calling to reserve a lane and it said the store is currently closed. Maybe someone forgot to take off the auto-attendant? :dunno:

cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    Well you know that pay scale there isn't the best :) It is open or at least they were on Thursday. Probably just a simple oversight but not getting off to a good start with someone that pays $60/$85 a month for a membership.

Last edited:

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    Well you know that pay scale there isn't the best :) It is open or at least they were on Thursday. Probably just a simple oversight but not getting off to a good start with someone that paid for a membership.

I think pay is irrelevant. I for example dont work there for the money. I work there as a second job to get out of the house and be around something I enjoy.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got back from shooting at the range. Met a buddy of mine out there and had a great time. I will say that I don't like the targeting systems. They are WAY TOO SLOW! I was on lane 16 and sending a target out or bringing it back was like watching paint dry. A 180 from the targeting system at the Carmel location which is nice and fast. It would be great to see this addressed. The only other negative comment (aside from my thoughts above) is that it would be nice to have a bench outside of the bathrooms like at the Carmel location. Not a deal breaker, but I found it nice to have somewhere to sit while waiting on someone.

Otherwise, the place is really nice. You can tell PB knows what they're doing. The range was very well lit, the ventilation system worked great and the staff were friendly and courteous. Best of all, for me, the trip to and from the range takes me about half the time it took me to get up to the Carmel location. I'll definitely be shooting there more often :)

Top Bottom