• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I stopped in Friday and was quite impressed with the retail store. The staff was friendly without being pushy, the place is clean as a surgical center, and it's well laid out. Prices seemed pretty reasonable, I fingered a S&W M&P II that was marked $649. The Ruger AR-556 was $619 or $629, can't recall exactly.

500 rounds of Thunderbolt .22 is $30 and change.

They have an ammo sale going on this weekend, and while it's been so long since I bought factory practice ammo I'm not real sure what a good price is on many calibers I'd say their remanufactured "Midwest" ammo has to be a reasonable deal. $10 and change for 9mm box of 50.

Also, 5% discount for LEO for everything but guns.

I ran into NHT3 while I was there, and he offered to let me shoot with him on the range with his membership. I plan to take him up on it next week, but initial impressions were favorable. The range looks well lit, well ventilated, the cubicles are big, and 25y range.

So....neat.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    The PBR in Carmel impressed me with how clean and well lit the range was, and the prices on handguns and lowers was closer to online prices than Ive seen anywhere else local.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I like it too. They are the only lgs that I have seen around here that has a good selection of colt 1911's. I stop in there every couple weeks and fondle a couple of them.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I work about a half mile away from the Carmel location and they are quickly becoming my go-to range since I can walk over on my lunch break.

The Midwest 9mm ammo is usually $12.99 but they run the $10.99 per box sale very frequently.

They also have great customer incentives and flash sales. I recently got a flyer in the mail for 15% off my next ammo purchase (not good with sale prices). I bought a Ruger LCP for $214 OTD during their Ruger 1-day sale and got a card for a free hour of range time.

My wife recently took a basic pistol class there and was impressed with the instruction.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I started shooting at the Carmel location right after they opened it and was so impressed I got a membership. I really enjoyed shooting there. I began going to the Greenwood location when they opened last November or December. The layout is a little different and the range is split into two sections with 10 lanes in each, but I like it just as well as the Carmel location. Staff has always been very helpful and friendly and they occasionally have great deals on guns and ammo. They have a wide variety of rental guns and when they've been shot for a while, they put them into the used gun section for a nice discount. All in all, one of the best ranges around. I rarely go to other ranges as no one else has the same combination of great targeting systems, very good ventilation system, friendly staff and decent prices. Best of all, for me, is that it's less than 20 minutes away. Great range :yesway:

kenjb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to the Greenwood store a couple of weeks ago with my son, who wanted to buy his first pistol. Was quite impressed with the young lady who served us, as, when my son wanted to look at a pisto, she took it out of the display case, dropped the mag, reinserted it, and racked the slide before she handed it to him. I like that a lot. The sales folks seem to be pretty well trained.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    The prices must have dropped a little. I was there in Feb and I thought the prices were rather high. I think that remanufactured 9mm was 13.00 per box, and I felt that was way high....but I am used to paying 219.00 out the door for my 9mm new factory ammo.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The prices must have dropped a little. I was there in Feb and I thought the prices were rather high. I think that remanufactured 9mm was 13.00 per box, and I felt that was way high....but I am used to paying 219.00 out the door for my 9mm new factory ammo.

The prices are high compared to online prices, but they are competitive with other local gun shops, at least in my experience. The Midwest reman 9mm is normally $12.99 a box, but drops to $10.99 a box on sale quite a bit. It's nice when I want to rent something out of their rental case and don't have to pay $18 - $25 a box for 9mm like a lot of other ranges.

Top Bottom