• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    So everyone that runs from police needs to be charged with attempted murder.

Too reasonable. The obvious solution is to take away police cars. And guns. And they should all have to wear tie-dyed Grateful Dead shirts because those scary uniforms give me bad vibes, man.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Had a claim a while back a police chase for a stolen vehicle, ended up getting one of my insured's killed as a consequence... that state got sued for a hefty amount... I think if they need to chase, they need to shut down the fleeing vehicle as fast as they can, not let it continue until the perp slams into some innocent person. The cops have chargers and the caprice... all with enough horsepower to overtake a majority of the cars that are stolen, hell my diesel truck with non-stock tuning will run down most sedans with no problem.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had a claim a while back a police chase for a stolen vehicle, ended up getting one of my insured's killed as a consequence... that state got sued for a hefty amount... I think if they need to chase, they need to shut down the fleeing vehicle as fast as they can, not let it continue until the perp slams into some innocent person. The cops have chargers and the caprice... all with enough horsepower to overtake a majority of the cars that are stolen, hell my diesel truck with non-stock tuning will run down most sedans with no problem.

They can not hurt the cars with out chain of command. It often appears they do not want to tear up the squad cars.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    So everyone that runs from police needs to be charged with attempted murder.
    Great idea, I like the way you think.
    Maybe one of the resident LEOs know for sure, but isn't fleeing in a vehicle a felony VS. on foot a misdemeanor? If so, then it appears that they don't fear that felony, so why not bump it up a notch to AM, minumun sentencing on that charge correct?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Fleeing in a vehicle is a felony. You can't make it attempted murder just cuz you want to. You'd have to show that they intended to kill and took substantial steps to do so.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The study does not hold much bearing without a number identifying how many chases have taken place.

7,430 fatalities in pursuits in 22 years. How many police chases in those 22 years? If someone is going to argue that policies need to change then we need all the information.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Try to stay away from those... I don't have taxpayers paying for my vehicle to fix it if I try to run someone off the road... insert purple where necessary.

A little body work after a successful PIT is a small price to pay to apprehend criminals. And if you own a home in Marion County, I thank you.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

I posted this because I got a kick out of how people play with statistics and numbers. If you look at the chart, the vast majority of those killed are the people that run from the Police or passengers in those cars. I don't have a problem with that, play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

This is not a major problem in my book, but the Washington Post apparently does....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I posted this because I got a kick out of how people play with statistics and numbers. If you look at the chart, the vast majority of those killed are the people that run from the Police or passengers in those cars. I don't have a problem with that, play stupid games, win stupid prizes....

This is not a major problem in my book, but the Washington Post apparently does....

My "so" was directed to them, not you.

Top Bottom