• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Just got back a few days ago from a week in Jamaica. Our taxi got stopped for a roadside inspection and one of the cops was Mexican carrying a glock cross draw at around 10oclock. :facepalm: Wish I could have gotten a picture.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    We were just in Montego Bay for a week. We had a blast. Customs was a nightmare. Standing in line for 1-1/2 hrs. Traffic was confusing. Saw the army guys toolin around in their army jeep with the turret on top. Our guide says they do that to protect the tourist. Everybody was more then friendly there. Goin back next spring I hope!

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    We were just in Montego Bay for a week. We had a blast. Customs was a nightmare. Standing in line for 1-1/2 hrs. Traffic was confusing. Saw the army guys toolin around in their army jeep with the turret on top. Our guide says they do that to protect the tourist. Everybody was more then friendly there. Goin back next spring I hope!

We were in Negril. $50/ea for the Club MoBay arrival passes are well worth it, you go straight to the front of all the lines. The worst part of our trip was checking in on Saturday to leave. I think we were in line for close to 2 hours.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ck a few days ago from a week in Jamaica. Our taxi got stopped for a roadside inspection and one of the cops was Mexican carrying a glock cross draw at around 10oclock.

Screen name on INGO?

ck a few days ago from a week in Jamaica. Our taxi got stopped for a roadside inspection and one of the cops was Mexican carrying a glock cross draw at around 10oclock.

No holster, waistband carry.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    We did Mobay $30 each on the way out. Yes well worth it!

We had the departure passes as well which turned out to be a waste. Since we were stuck in line so long checking in for our flight we only had time to grab a soda and a sandwich from the VIP lounge before our flight boarded. There was essentially no line through security when we went through.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    When I was in Jamaica, I asked the driver if he always drove so fast. He said yes and that his customers preferred it. I asked if he ever got speeding tickets. He said no because he would lose his license and that he knows where all the cops sit on the side of the road. He also mentioned that if drivers get pulled over, usually the passengers pay the ticket for the driver and that they pay the officer directly. Hmmm. The driver works for a company and gets paid for each trip. More trips = more money. Cops get to stop vehicles for any reason and get paid. Driver doesn't get a ticket. Sounds like a racket to me.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    We had the departure passes as well which turned out to be a waste. Since we were stuck in line so long checking in for our flight we only had time to grab a soda and a sandwich from the VIP lounge before our flight boarded. There was essentially no line through security when we went through.

Agree that was about it for us too (time for a Sammy and a coke). Still liked not having to wait in the line for customs.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We have spent hours in the club MoBay lounge. Well worth it for cold AC and minimal sweaty people sitting next to me. We have had several flights delayed and been glad we were there. Free wifi too

Top Bottom