• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Police Wonder If They’ll Need To Confiscate Weapons In Event Of Ban « CBS New York

God help them if they do try to confiscate them. I have a feeling more than a few officers would die trying. People are passionate about this issue and I'm afraid such an act would trigger pockets of violence nationwide, especially in the nations heartland. They may need to use the national guard.

If I were a cop I would personally refuse such an order. I can only pray our brothers in blue make the right choice if it comes down to that.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Attempted confiscation of private firearms by government is what started the Revolutionary War.

Not even Feinstein is that stupid, saying her AWB will be proactive with a grandfather clause (I wish folks would spend 30 seconds on Google to verify that, instead of relying on 'what they heard').

I'm not remotely close to being a conspiracy theory "overthrow the government" type, but any attempted law enforcement and/or military forced confiscation of privately held, previously legal weapons would certainly lead to armed insurrection, unnecessary bloodshed, and quite possibly civil war.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    If I were a cop I would personally refuse such an order. I can only pray our brothers in blue make the right choice if it comes down to that.

I have a strong feeling that if it comes to that many,many cops would do just that. I think that most of them are 2A supporters and know that such attempted confiscation could have bloody consequences for some on both sides of the thin blue line. :(

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I think there's way more confidence that we are still made of the stuff of old in this thread than there is evidence to support it. There might be few people who resist, and they will be Waco'd and Ruby Ridged on live TV, and then the rest will line up to give over their guns peacefully.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I think there's way more confidence that we are still made of the stuff of old in this thread than there is evidence to support it. There might be few people who resist, and they will be Waco'd and Ruby Ridged on live TV, and then the rest will line up to give over their guns peacefully.

Maybe I misunderstood your response, but just to clarify none of us suggested that we would put up armed resistance. If you are suggesting that some others will well I'm sure that you are right.

No one in their right mind could think that a siege from government forces would end in their favor. But I'm sure that there are plenty of David Koresh types out there. Who feel that they have nothing to loose.

My point is that I've not read any puffy chested bravado here.

No argument, I just wanted to clarify.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Geez, planning for an illegal action? I'm not an Oathkeeper, but here's one guy who won't be abiding by such a directive.
    I will note that NYPD, at least in the article, doesn't say anthing about "confiscating" anything, only a reference to a buyback. The media appears to sensationalized the title a bit as they are the only ones implying "confiscation."

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Maybe I misunderstood your response, but just to clarify none of us suggested that we would put up armed resistance. If you are suggesting that some others will well I'm sure that you are right.

No one in their right mind could think that a siege from government forces would end in their favor. But I'm sure that there are plenty of David Koresh types out there. Who feel that they have nothing to loose.

My point is that I've not read any puffy chested bravado here.

No argument, I just wanted to clarify.

No, the error is on my part. I was actually talking about the replies at the link itself, but neglected to put that in my post. I meant to preface it with a reference to the comments, where there actually is enough machismo to make Rambo blush.

My bad. And Merry Christmas.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    There is no way a search warrant would be issued for every lead on a serial number of a lower receiver. Just think of the mind boggling tie up of the courts, and due to the nature of what they are trying to confiscate swat teams to service the paper work and conduct the searches. To top it all off when the warrant is served there are no weapons on the property. The seizure of Aw's will never happen, maybe a voluntary buy back and that is it. Even with that they may get a few boxes of spare parts and spend millions of taxpayer money.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Geez, planning for an illegal action? I'm not an Oathkeeper, but here's one guy who won't be abiding by such a directive.
    I will note that NYPD, at least in the article, doesn't say anthing about "confiscating" anything, only a reference to a buyback. The media appears to sensationalized the title a bit as they are the only ones implying "confiscation."
    I think the reason they even brought confiscation into the equation was because of their governors comments. He had thrown out confiscation and forced buybacks as an option last week. A forced buyback is confiscation, too. The sad thing is that, should such a thing as this come to pass you guys will be in the front of the firing line. And gunowners will have their backs to the wall.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

So says the New York Shepherd. :D

If they started splaying new of City/County/State Police and NG in stand offs over firearms confiscation, I believe personally, it would have an opposite effect.
    Keep mind, a good portion of the present anti-gun hysteria people are merely bandwagon riders, who will jump off at the first sign of there being a danger to themselves. If they see and/or hear of door to door searches, their fear will shift quickly.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    So says the New York Shepherd. :D

If they started splaying new of City/County/State Police and NG in stand offs over firearms confiscation, I believe personally, it would have an opposite effect.
    Keep mind, a good portion of the present anti-gun hysteria people are merely bandwagon riders, who will jump off at the first sign of there being a danger to themselves. If they see and/or hear of door to door searches, their fear will shift quickly.

Let's us all hope it never comes to that.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Confiscation isn't going to come immediately.... No one is crazy enough to give that order first.

It will start with AWB... then when that doesn't solve the problem of mass shootings, a law will be pushed to ban the ownership of said weapons with probably a buy back program.

When that fails, owners caught with scary weapons will become felons and weapons will be forfeited.

Ammo sales will be super restricted... privacy rights will start to diminish with escalating crime on the back of an economic collapse, paralleled buy large scale, unorganized civil outrage and unrest.

The dollar will go the way of the peso and a distraught nation will spiral into a frenzy as it finally dawns on them that the government stole from and betrayed them.

Organized Militias will start to form and pockets of violent civil disobedience will be the result.

Hostess will go under and twinkies will no longer be produced... the price of bacon will be upwards of 45 pesos... Uh I mean dollars a pound... the tyranny will go on and on while China continues to develop its navy and army waiting for an opportunity to take advantage of the chaos.

Then our kids and grand kids will all speak Mandarin Chinese going into the next Century.

THE END

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I have a strong feeling that if it comes to that many,many cops would do just that. I think that most of them are 2A supporters and know that such attempted confiscation could have bloody consequences for some on both sides of the thin blue line. :(

They confiscated firearms from people's homes in New Orleans. Given the choice of following orders or losing their jobs, I'm not sure what most would do. I hope they'd see it as an immoral order, but I wouldn't make a prediction in confidence. There needs to be a law and/or state constitutional amendment in place to provide a buffer.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Just think of the mind boggling tie up of the courts,
    Banks "robo" signed millions of mortgages... I don't think something as 'trivial' as a signature would stand in their way, likewise
    Even with that they may get a few boxes of spare parts and spend millions of taxpayer money.

The government spent tens of millions of dollars and murdered over 70 people in Waco Texas over an alleged failure to pay $400 in taxes. Money is no object.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A general confiscation order might well be disobeyed by many LEOs in the gun-friendlier parts of the country.

But what about an order that is targeted at one kind of gun and one individual? Imagine this future scenario:

"Since semi-automatic rifles are now illegal to possess, we've been asking John Smith at 201 Elm St. to either turn in his rifle or tell us where it went. He has done neither. Now we have a warrant to enter his house and search for it. Your orders are to serve this warrant. You will confiscate any weapons that are illegal under Federal or state law, but you may ignore any shotguns or revolvers you find today because those are legal."

How many LEOs would refuse THAT order? Or the next order ("Serve this warrant and confiscate the .357 revolver and pump-action shotgun that Jane Jones is known to have purchased, but ignore double barrel shotguns and .22lr revolvers, because they are legal.") or the one after that?

Casting no aspersions on INGO members in law enforcement, I think far fewer LEOs would refuse targeted, narrow orders like the ones above. And it wouldn't take too many publicized raids to get 90-95% of law-abiding gun owners to fall in line and decide it just isn't worth it anymore.

Top Bottom