Police read UNSent yahoo emails ... arrest American (based/born?) terrorists.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From the one article I saw that had the phone thief's images downloaded remotely...

I am listening to a BBC report podcast, and a Pakistani representative is describing how they access Yahoo email and found the five American terrorists recently arrested.

So, they are accessing emails not even SENT.

Five Americans arrested in Pakistan wanted to wage jihad: report - Yahoo! India News

A Yahoo! e-mail account was set up so the men and militants could communicate, the report says. E-mails were never sent from the account, but people would leave messages in the draft folder and delete them after reading, the Pakistani police report said.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Not positive

I am not positive, but I think that the way this works is that the members of the cell know of an e-mail account. They don't use it to send e-mail but rather they use it like a dead drop. One guy accesses the account, types a message and then deletes it without sending. The next guy accesses the account, reads the deleted message in the deleted items folder.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree that is how it has been represented. As far as the side of the terrorist is concerned, that is.

The big reveal, acknowledgement here is that police are rummaging through folders in UNsent Yahoo email accounts, and acting upon it. Now, from what I can tell, these are all Pakistani police, and not covered by our applicable laws here.

Top Bottom