• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    This is a direct result of more police presence downtown since that last teen with a gun firing random shots in the crowd. They will move from mall to mall because their parents use these facilities as babysitters on the weekends. They drop them off in the morning and they terrorize shoppers all day. It'll be a game of cat and mouse chasing them around the city.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I work at the SImon mall in Muncie. I assume it's the same as in Indy. They supposedly have a rule where kids under 18 aren't supposed to be there alone, but since they sent out that memo, I don't think it has ever been enforced. It's annoying.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'd rather be castrated with a piece of piano wire attached to a top fuel dragster than find myself at any mall.

Why so eager?

I'm with you...I haven't been to a mall in I can't remember how long...possibly a decade.

I don't think there is one that has anything I need that I can't get online cheaper and more conveniently.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    The reason so many places have "gone downhill" is precisely because good people have retreated in the face of opposition to an easier life where there they don't have to confront brokenness.

As a result, the brokenness spreads.

That's weak, and part of why the cities are the way they are. Take back areas that have been overwhelmed by evil. Peacefully. Don't take the easy way out and just run.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Instead of given a free bus ride home all the unruly should have spent the night in jail. Their parents too, if you could even find them.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Also, I don't like law enforcement's pressure on the mall to restrict the freedom of law abiding youth to go to the mall without adult supervision. How preposterous!

How about law enforcement and our community put the onus on those who would disrupt the peace to shape up or find themselves on the wrong side of the criminal justice system to correct the matter?

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Also, I don't like law enforcement's pressure on the mall to restrict the freedom of law abiding youth to go to the mall without adult supervision. How preposterous!

How about law enforcement and our community put the onus on those who would disrupt the peace to shape up or find themselves on the wrong side of the criminal justice system to correct the matter?

I agree. Children should have the right to go wherever they want. Once they get there and they break the law their parents should go to jail with them.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I remember going to the mall occasionally when I was a teen as did A LOT of the other high school kids. And guess what, no fights or unruly behavior. It's all in the culture of those that start the trouble.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    The reason so many places have "gone downhill" is precisely because good people have retreated in the face of opposition to an easier life where there they don't have to confront brokenness.

As a result, the brokenness spreads.

That's weak, and part of why the cities are the way they are. Take back areas that have been overwhelmed by evil. Peacefully. Don't take the easy way out and just run.

How do you take such areas back "peacefully" when your dealing with THUGS?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Simon has resisted the idea, saying it wants the mall to be open to all shoppers without restrictions.

Oh really? All shopper? No restrictions?

I guess I've been misled.

Between MidwayUSA, Amazon, etc., are malls even necessary? The closest on to us is the Bloomington Mall. I bet I don't set foot in there more than a time or two a year...and then it's usually limited to the Sears store.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    I cannot wait till they can ship all these thugs up to Fishers with their new mass transit. All those yuppies who wanted it will be crying in a week...lol

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie

You also realize that at least 85% of kids that go to the mall aren't planning on buying anything? I can't believe it's just the Muncie mall. From what I see everyday I work, it's mostly unsupervised teens with nothing better to do, so they either ride the bus there or their parents drop them off in groups to just walk around, be annoying, and loiter. That doesn't count those that shoplift ( I realize that a lot of different people shoplift, and most of them aren't just teens, but in the store I work at we are constantly finding clues [like empty wrappers, security tags removed, open boxes without the merchandise inside, etc.] that stupid teen-loved type crap has been stolen. I understand that in some states a mall is seen as a public forum, but I'm like 99% sure that is not the case in Indiana. It is private property and I don't think the cops are pressuring the mall to make rules like that they know the mall isn't going to enforce anyway. They do that to placate the stores who are tired of dealing with these douche kids, and tired of the fact that the mall (that the stores pay rent to) is not in any way trying to protect them from douche baggery perpetrated by unsupervised teens. Besides the fact that the mall security aren't really going to go in full throttle on Segways and wrangle the kids anyway, it at least gives them a clear rule to refer to when dealing with unruly turd children. Also, no matter the rule, if the kids aren't causing problems and are actually shopping, no sane person born in a capitalist society would willingly turn away people with money.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom