• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Where are the ingo JBTs and play soldiers defending these superhero warriors for ridding the world of this scumbag piece of ****? Clearly this was a good shoot. I mean, if a career criminal methhead gave the info you know the Intel was good. The stupid wife, sorry, widow, here should just be lucky her and the family dog were allowed to live. I hope they at least stripped her naked and made her sit outside for the neighbors to see after pepper spraying her multiple times...maybe that will keep them from having non-existent drugs in the future.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Where are the ingo JBTs and play soldiers defending these superhero warriors for ridding the world of this scumbag piece of ****? Clearly this was a good shoot. I mean, if a career criminal methhead gave the info you know the Intel was good. The stupid wife, sorry, widow, here should just be lucky her and the family dog were allowed to live. I hope they at least stripped her naked and made her sit outside for the neighbors to see after pepper spraying her multiple times...maybe that will keep them from having non-existent drugs in the future.

They're all in the flashbang toddler thread.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Don't worry, an internal investigation will occur and after careful examination these officers will get a slap on the wrist by their brothers/fellow officers and then they get to go home and kiss their wife and eat dinner with their family.

Meanwhile a widow gets to bury her husband, some tweeker gets to live on American tax dollars and everyone lives happily ever after.

I just pr*y that they have nightmares each night and will question future assignments based on horrible sources and information and speak up and out to others about the injustices that they are instructed to carry out.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't worry, I'm sure Kirk will be along to tell us how the police were just doing their job and the blame shouldn't be laid at their feet.

Why would I do that? By what I have read, sounds like grounds for Criminal Recklessness prosecutions if not Reckless Homicide. The civil suit will go well for the plaintiff as well.

As the Arabs say, you accuse me of the symptoms of your disease.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Dang it sucks to be him. Really though if you was on a warrant service and a person in the target house presents a firearm what are you going to do? Bad situation for all involved.

Ummm, maybe the police should knock and announce as has been required for centuries? Maybe a telephone call? Call before you go?

Maybe the police should not use confidential informants to obtain drugs so they can get DoJ grants so they can get more drugs to get more DoJ grants which will lead to . . .

I bet good money that the video for this "malfunctions". This one stinks.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

We're cowering in the corner from the keyboard commandos.

I'll defend what I believe should be defended and make no excuses for what should not. That is, unless I've forfeited that right according to the internet tough guys.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Where are the ingo JBTs and play soldiers defending these superhero warriors for ridding the world of this scumbag piece of ****? Clearly this was a good shoot.

goon, no, this is likely a bad shoot. It stinks on ice from multiple states away.

I say likely because we shouldn't make conclusions yet because we are all operating through the media filter, but this one should have a heavy burden to rebut the bad shoot presumption. Maybe there is video that shows to the contrary. I don't know yet.

As for preventing this from reoccurring I think there are several things we can do:

1. Prevent state LE from taking DoJ drug money. This will prevent the vicious circle that drives drug prosecutions.

2. By statute prevent CIs from being the sole basis of search warrants. Motives to lie are all over this and the last clear chance to avoid a tragedy is a sleepy-eyed magistrate I just don't put any stock in.

3. Require all search warrants be subject to IRE617, audio/video tape requirement.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I hate this but I don't see how it is practically any different from the hundreds of other "justified" shootings under the same circumstances. Officers conspired to commit a home invasion in the name of drug prohibition, violently suppressed the resistance, and declared that they had a "right to self-defense" after breaking into the suspect's darkened living quarters.

The conspirators will blame legislators, judges, voters... anyone to remove their own culpability from being the actual trigger men. They will walk away scot-free and live on to raid another day.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I see a good bit of difference between this case which appears to have occurred due to negligence and shoddy police work and cases where a suspect decides to shoot at the police during a valid, legitimate warrant which was properly obtained.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

My lack of comment on most of the LE-related threads by no means equates to me agreeing with, supporting, or condoning the discussed incident(s).

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    My lack of comment on most of the LE-related threads by no means equates to me agreeing with, supporting, or condoning the discussed incident(s).

From your previous comments on similar threads I wouldn't think of including you in the INGO jbt group. I wish you all the luck and hope you can influence your department to stay away from these criminal, and reckless, behaviors.

I wish most LEO's could see the damage these kinds of actions are doing to their relationships with the communities they serve. I used to be very pro LE. Now...my respect for your line of work is about 10% of what it used to be. I know many others who feel the same way. And that's pretty damn sad coming from folks who's worst offense is breaking traffic laws.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wish most LEO's could see the damage these kinds of actions are doing to their relationships with the communities they serve.

You mean like when they come out of their homes and thank us after we shut down a drug dealer's operation in their neighborhood? Or are you only talking about the miniscule percentage of incidents where people who probably shouldn't be police do crappy work or a team that shouldn't be hurts someone through their lack of knowledge or improper use of tactics or equipment?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You mean like when they come out of their homes and thank us after we shut down a drug dealer's operation in their neighborhood? Or are you only talking about the miniscule percentage of incidents where people who probably shouldn't be police do crappy work or a team that shouldn't be hurts someone through their lack of knowledge or improper use of tactics or equipment?
    Yeah those same people probably were buying drugs while it was open.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Oh so you want some extra pats on your back when you don't screw up and shoot innocent people defending their homes?

No, I mean officers not seeing how their para-military tactics and harassing citizens just for being on the roadways (check points), and shooting family pets for standing there, and flashbanging babies' faces, and illegally detaining individuals for exercizing their constitutional rights, and screaming profanities at regular citizens and threatening to shoot them, and letting their dogs maul perps when already handcuffed.........are affecting their relationship with the everyday, average citizen. And the worst part is there are never any damn meaningful consequences to these offenses. You guys are your own worst enemies.

It's your tactics and mindset that has caused this more negative feeling towards law enforcement, especially now that everything is being recorded by everyone all the time. Citizens are seeing more and more LEO abuses affecting regular good-guy citizens all the time. As well as, seeing excessive force being used on perps that appear to be compliant.

But I guess it's ok because, you know,the most important thing is you go home at night. Who cares how many widows are needlessly made that day or how many constitutionally protected rights are violated.

At least guys like Frank can admit when police actions go over board, he seems to see things from a regular Joe's point of view...Like I said it'd be nice if there were more of him. Maybe then you guys wouldn't have such a bad image.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh so you want some extra pats on your back when you don't screw up and shoot innocent people defending their homes?

I'm sorry, I don't recall asking for **** other than not being lumped in with idiots. I guess that's too much to ask from some.

No, I mean officers not seeing how their para-military tactics and harassing citizens just for being on the roadways (check points), and shooting family pets for standing there, and flashbanging babies' faces, and illegally detaining individuals for exercizing their constitutional rights, and screaming profanities at regular citizens and threatening to shoot them, and letting their dogs maul perps when already handcuffed.........are affecting their relationship with the everyday, average citizen. And the worst part is there are never any damn meaningful consequences to these offenses. You guys are your own worst enemies.

How am I my own worst enemy? I'm not guilty of the things you talk about. Oh, that's right, I'm a cop so I am guilty. Seems legit.

It's your tactics and mindset that has caused this more negative feeling towards law enforcement, especially now that everything is being recorded by everyone all the time. Citizens are seeing more and more LEO abuses affecting regular good-guy citizens all the time. As well as, seeing excessive force being used on perps that appear to be compliant.

Then you go drag the ****ing murderers, rapists and armed robbers out of their lairs since you obviously have a better way to do it. I just hope you're prepared for the fact that no one gives a **** if you are killed in the process and whatever you do, however you go about it, you'll be wrong and subjected to the pissing and moaning of those who wouldn't do it for triple the salary.

But I guess it's ok because, you know,the most important thing is you go home at night. Who cares how many widows are needlessly made that day or how many constitutionally protected rights are violated.

I haven't created any widows and I haven't violated anyones rights so how about you use a little common sense and stop allowing yourself to be led around emotionally like a dog on a leash?

At least guys like Frank can admit when police actions go over board, he seems to see things from a regular Joe's point of view...Like I said it'd be nice if there were more of him. Maybe then you guys wouldn't have such a bad image.

I won't say that I don't consider the opinion of others and how they view me when I go about my duties. I can say that someone so narrow minded and easily duped doesn't register on the radar.

I regularly admonish the actions of those in my profession who screw up. Hell, I did it in this thread but I guess you were too busy spewing hate and ignorance to notice.

Last edited:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I won't say that I don't consider the opinion of others and how they view me when I go about my duties. I can say that someone so narrow minded and easily duped doesn't register on the radar. I regularly admonish the actions of those in my profession who screw up. Hell, I did it in this thread but I guess you were too busy spewing hate and ignorance to notice.
    This is getting entertaining. I did see your admonishment of their actions. I did not comment on your comment. I replied to Frank, and you seem to have taken that reply, and everything I said in my previous post (which was a reply to your reply on my reply to Frank), as a personal attack.

I was simply stating my observations and opinions about the current state of affairs concerning the seemingly ever evolving police state, but if you want to take my generalizations as personal attacks...whatever.

You brought up going after real criminals (rapists, murders, thieves...), great go for it, that's awesome and what you guys signed up for isn't it? No one is saying to stop doing your job. My comments were based on police actions against individuals who ARE NOT committing crimes, or who are committing lesser crimes but are receiving an over the top show of force leading to unacceptable collateral damage caused by police (i.e. flashbanging babies).

Really, I wasn't saying you personally do all the bad **** that is getting you guys such bad press. So please stop projecting onto yourself.

You can't deny that there is an image problem and trust problem between the public and police. Not just between law breakers anymore, there is clearly a growing anti-LEO feeling amongst regular folks. Are you good cops (see I don't hate you) trying to do anything about that? Can you do anything about that realistically? Or do you not feel it is a problem worth addressing?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You can't deny that there is an image problem and trust problem between the public and police. Not just between law breakers anymore, there is clearly a growing anti-LEO feeling amongst regular folks. Are you good cops (see I don't hate you) trying to do anything about that? Can you do anything about that realistically? Or do you not feel it is a problem worth addressing?

I conduct myself in a manner which speaks well of police officers and my agency; I'd be willing to bet there are quite a few members here who would attest to that. Outside of that there is nothing I can do to improve the image of law enforcement. You can search the archives of INGO and compare the threads where a cop screws up to the threads where a cop does something good and you'll see 15 replies in the negative threads to every 1 in the positive threads. We focus on the negative in our society, been doing it for a long time. You can find all of the news stories you want about SWAT teams doing bad things in other cities, there are literally hundreds of them. What you won't find is a story of my SWAT team doing those things. Therefore I don't see how I should be held responsible for the actions of those other teams nor the responsibility of improving their image.

I make attempts here from time to time to provide knowledge on why some things happen the way they do and what vital information might be missing from a news story for an educated assessment to be made and I'm called an apologist for it. I don't believe in the "throw the baby out with the bath water" mentality that many of the members here subscribe to.

Top Bottom