• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I had an interesting conversation at the McDonald's up here in Toronto. Recently a young man pulled a knife on a bus, short story he was shot and killed by the police.

While I was sitting here 3 older ladies were complaining about the actions of the police. They were to aggressive, they should have tackled him, no need to shoot him and so many other complaints I finally turned and politely asked if they had any grandchildren. Each of them answered yes. I asked them if those grandchildren rode the Toronto bus system.
    "Oh yes they sure do. They ride it to work and to the University of Toronto."
    I listened to them brag about their grandchildren, how well they were doing, all the accomplishments they had made. I then asked them. So if your grandchild was on the bus sitting beside the man who held out the knife how long would you want the police officer to wait to protect them? How fast could that man have moved and slashed your grandaughter's face or throat, before the police managed to stop him, if they could?

They stopped and looked at each other. And all of them said they hadn't thought of that. I asked them if they had read how the officer who had shot that young man was now dealing with the actions he was forced into.

Yes, they all had read about that, how it was affecting him and his family. I asked them if they knew how much a police officer made. (It's not the big bucks Hollywood and the media makes it out to be). I asked them if they would like for their grandchildren to work in gand and drug infested high crime areas to help those communities while being criticized by it.

I asked them if they had ever put themselves between a victim and a violent offender before. Did they even understand how fast everything simultaneously speeds up and slows down instantaneously?

We had a great conversation and by then end of it the ladies had completely changed their minds, while it was not my intention to change their mind I just wanted them to take a second and look at all sides before coming to judgement.

I am not a blind follower of any LEO but I am always grateful for those who put their lives on the line for others.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I am currently living in Toronto,... please not forever Lord. When we needed to temporarily move back to Canada from South America, I did not want to come back to Canada but if I came I did not want to move back to Ontario and if I had to move back to Ontario I did not want to be in the Toronto area...shows you that God has got a sense of humor.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There was a guy decapitated by a knife wielding maniac on a bus in Canada a few years ago. Might shoulda thrown that one out there, too. Hopefully you changed the perspective for those women. Good Job!:yesway:

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I had an interesting conversation at the McDonald's up here in Toronto. Recently a young man pulled a knife on a bus, short story he was shot and killed by the police.

While I was sitting here 3 older ladies were complaining about the actions of the police. They were to aggressive, they should have tackled him, no need to shoot him and so many other complaints I finally turned and politely asked if they had any grandchildren. Each of them answered yes. I asked them if those grandchildren rode the Toronto bus system.
    "Oh yes they sure do. They ride it to work and to the University of Toronto."
    I listened to them brag about their grandchildren, how well they were doing, all the accomplishments they had made. I then asked them. So if your grandchild was on the bus sitting beside the man who held out the knife how long would you want the police officer to wait to protect them? How fast could that man have moved and slashed your grandaughter's face or throat, before the police managed to stop him, if they could?

They stopped and looked at each other. And all of them said they hadn't thought of that. I asked them if they had read how the officer who had shot that young man was now dealing with the actions he was forced into.

Yes, they all had read about that, how it was affecting him and his family. I asked them if they knew how much a police officer made. (It's not the big bucks Hollywood and the media makes it out to be). I asked them if they would like for their grandchildren to work in gand and drug infested high crime areas to help those communities while being criticized by it.

I asked them if they had ever put themselves between a victim and a violent offender before. Did they even understand how fast everything simultaneously speeds up and slows down instantaneously?

We had a great conversation and by then end of it the ladies had completely changed their minds, while it was not my intention to change their mind I just wanted them to take a second and look at all sides before coming to judgement.

I am not a blind follower of any LEO but I am always grateful for those who put their lives on the line for others.

Were they made honorary members of this website?

Top Bottom