• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Two unarmed suspects were slain by police officers after a 25-minute pursuit. At the conclusion of the chase, which may have included up to 50 police vehicles, 13 officers drew their weapons and unloaded at least 137 rounds in to the suspects' Chevy Malibu. No weapons were found, and there was no evidence of return fire. The police were so violent and so reckless that they even shot up their own cruisers with friendly fire.

Cleveland, East Cleveland officials seek answers after police chase ends with 13 officers firing 137 shots, 2 people dead

East Cleveland chief: No weapon found in chase suspects' car, no evidence of shootout

East Cleveland: Rapid fire lasts longer then 20 seconds

11931136-standard.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plo15wdOLfw"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plo15wdOLfw[/ame]

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    "Police said the chase began because the two had shot at a police officer"

"Spotts said that the chase ended in a dead end with a head-on collision with a police car."

Sounds to me like the police chase started and ended with illegal, potentially lethal activity by the suspects. I'll way for the whole story to come out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    "Police said the chase began because the two had shot at a police officer"

"Spotts said that the chase ended in a dead end with a head-on collision with a police car."

Sounds to me like the police chase started and ended with illegal, potentially lethal activity by the suspects. I'll way for the whole story to come out.

And no gun or shell casings were found in the suspects car. What could possibly justify them shooting 137 times?

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    And no gun or shell casings were found in the suspects car. What could possibly justify them shooting 137 times?

Revolvers spit casings?

13 people firing = 10 rounds per person. Change your statement to what could possibly justify someone shooting 10 times? How about every defensive handgun course taught these days?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Someone doesn't have to be armed to be lawfully shot by the police.

2. Deadly force is deadly force whether it be 137 rounds fired, being run over by a car, kicking someone off the roof of a building or tearing their arm off and beating them to death with it.

3. There is no such thing as excessive deadly force or too much deadly force. The only question is if deadly force was reasonable given the circumstances. That answer comes in the form of a yes or a no.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Revolvers spit casings?

13 people firing = 10 rounds per person. Change your statement to what could possibly justify someone shooting 10 times? How about every defensive handgun course taught these days?

Could have been a revolver. There's speculation that the gun was tossed during the chase but no mention of it being recovered. I'd like to see how many things around there are riddled with those 137 rounds.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Someone doesn't have to be armed to be lawfully shot by the police.

2. Deadly force is deadly force whether it be 137 rounds fired, being run over by a car, kicking someone off the roof of a building or tearing their arm off and beating them to death with it.

3. There is no such thing as excessive deadly force or too much deadly force. The only question is if deadly force was reasonable given the circumstances. That answer comes in the form of a yes or a no.

I'd say it might be reaching the point of excessive when you're almost shooting each other while putting rounds into the bad guy. Might just be me but I never thought it was a great idea to circle the wagons and then open up.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd say it might be reaching the point of excessive when you're almost shooting each other while putting rounds into the bad guy. Might just be me but I never thought it was a great idea to circle the wagons and then open up.

I definitely agree that getting into a crossfire situation is tactically flawed but that has no bearing on the reasonableness of the force used.

Top Bottom