• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

This logic is embarrassing.

Again I will point out that individual guilt somehow escapes you.

You are trying to make thousands of OWS attendees guilty by association. Blaming everyone for the actions of a couple individuals. Alleged actions, by people who allegedly attended an OWS event.

By your logic, how can the FBI be trusted at the event? Aren't they all guilty?
    Remembering the Waco Massacre

By your logic, how can the TSA be trusted at the event? Aren't they all guilty?
    TSA Agent Caught With 50k in Goods

By your logic, how can CPD be trusted at the event? Aren't they all guilty?
    Autopsy Shows Police Brutality Caused North Chicago Man's Death

Good people protest NATO too, yanno. People are coming out to protest globalism and the erosion of national sovereignty. And they will be shut down by checkpoints, sound cannons, and riot police. Welcome to the new Amerika. Rahm Emmannuel thanks you for supporting his agenda.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Good people protest NATO too, yanno. People are coming out to protest globalism and the erosion of national sovereignty. And they will be shut down by checkpoints, sound cannons, and riot police.

Protest away but don't commit crimes or terrorism. You don't get to commit crimes just because one is convinced of the rectitude of his cause.

What about the property rights of those that own building or condos/apartments in downtown Chicago? Are they not allowed to enjoy their property or must they suffer this invasion in the name of protesting?

The anarchy is starting already in Chicago as protestors invade Obama headquarters in Chicago:

Protesters rush into building housing Obama campaign headquarters - chicagotribune.com

Again I will point out that individual guilt somehow escapes you.

No, prosecute those who violate the law but do not be shocked if the police look at you or your group with a more critical eye if you are associated with a group that commits crimes.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Protest away but don't commit crimes or terrorism. You don't get to commit crimes just because one is convinced of the rectitude of his cause.
    Nowhere have I condoned crimes or terrorism. Its a strawman.

What about the property rights of those that own building or condos/apartments in downtown Chicago? Are they not allowed to enjoy their property or must they suffer this invasion in the name of protesting?
    Maybe they should take their beef up with the boneheads who decided to bring NATO to downtown Chicago. The protesters come with the package and they have a right to stand on any public sidewalk.

The anarchy is starting already in Chicago as protestors invade Obama headquarters in Chicago:

Protesters rush into building housing Obama campaign headquarters - chicagotribune.com
    Trespassers in private buildings should be removed. I have no issue with that.

Frankly this is irrelevant to the other heavy-handed police state actions being planned next week.

Private property <> Public property.

No, prosecute those who violate the law but do not be shocked if the police look at you or your group with a more critical eye if you are associated with a group that commits crimes.
    "A more critical eye"? Like a Federal TSA agent tossing your bags on a train?

Absolutely sickening.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Nowhere have I condoned crimes or terrorism. Its a strawman.

Geez, don't project, ram, I was talking about the protestors. Some of their leaders have called for and even committed crimes and acts of terrorism.

If you have a bunch of people lead by people who have called for committing crimes in order to advance one's cause, do you not think the police will keep a closer eye on those groups?

Maybe they should take their beef up with the boneheads who decided to bring NATO to downtown Chicago. The protesters come with the package and they have a right to stand on any public sidewalk.

Sure, stand away. March up and down, chant slogans. However, they cannot interefere with the property rights of others and cannot cause harm to fellow human beings.

Frankly this is irrelevant to the other heavy-handed police state actions being planned next week

No, it is relevant. It simply foreshadowing of what is coming.

What heavy-handed police state actions are you referencing?

"A more critical eye"? Like a Federal TSA agent tossing your bags on a train?

Absolutely sickening.

What are you referencing? Metra not allowing drinks or weapons on their trains?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Geez, don't project, ram, I was talking about the protestors. Some of their leaders have called for and even committed crimes and acts of terrorism.

If you have a bunch of people lead by people who have called for committing crimes in order to advance one's cause, do you not think the police will keep a closer eye on those groups?

Sure, stand away. March up and down, chant slogans. However, they cannot interefere with the property rights of others and cannot cause harm to fellow human beings.

What are you referencing? Metra not allowing drinks or weapons on their trains?

I believe the point Rambone is making is that treating everyone like criminals because there are some in circulation is unacceptable. Enforcement was not so heavy-handed when I worked in a prison where all the residents necessarily were criminals in order to reside there. I, for one, have a serious problem with free citizens on the street being treated with equal or greater restriction, infringement, and force on a public street than are incarcerated inmates. At minimum, those responsible for scheduling such an event in downtown Chicago, infringing on the rights of those citizens who make those streets some of the busiest in the world and of the property owners who are to be treated like inmates for using their own property like normal, and the citizens who are to be denied the fundamental right to use a sidewalk without gross infringements on their rights--just because the Fourth Amendment is often ignored with the blessing of the courts, that doesn't make it acceptable as being secure in my person and effects means just that--should be permanently retired from any official decision-making position.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Treating everyone as a criminal? Because you cannot bring drinks or food on the Metra?

Because there are extra FPS officers in federal buildings everyone is a criminal?

Because some silly cop uses a seminar word like "hard checkpoint" (you know he was wearing Oakleys when he said that) everyone is being treated as a criminal?

I lived downtown Chicago during the World Cup. There were extra Chicago cops around, some with long guns, but they were still fat and feckless. No cops blocked me from my apartment or clubbed me like a baby seal or any such silliness.

A police state is far removed from having extra Chicago coppers hanging around on street corners.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sure, it is fine to inconvenience hundreds of thousands of people for a conference like this.

Museums are being shut down; highways are being shut down; you can ride the train there but only can carry a 15"x15"x4" bag; no drinks are allowed on the trains; a large number of train stations are being shut down; etc.

The city told businesses downtown it would be best if they had their employees stay home those two days. I wonder how much money restaurants downtown will lose this weekend.

My company is having everyone work from home Friday and Monday, but our data-center is in the secured area. If some of our hardware has an issue this weekend, it is going to be a royal pain to get in there to fix it.

They definitely have no business holding this in the middle of a metropolitan area.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sure, it is fine to inconvenience hundreds of thousands of people for a conference like this.

Museums are being shut down; highways are being shut down; you can ride the train there but only can carry a 15"x15"x4" bag; no drinks are allowed on the trains; a large number of train stations are being shut down; etc.

The city told businesses downtown it would be best if they had their employees stay home those two days. I wonder how much money restaurants downtown will lose this weekend.

My company is having everyone work from home Friday and Monday, but our data-center is in the secured area. If some of our hardware has an issue this weekend, it is going to be a royal pain to get in there to fix it.

They definitely have no business holding this in the middle of a metropolitan area.

Sounds like the foundation for a nice lawsuit for deprivation of the use of private property.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    OK Kirk, don't project guilt onto all the protesters who have nothing to do with violence or mischief.

If someone advocated terrorism, investigate the INDIVIDUAL.

Don't ask innocent people to open open their bags!! That's projecting!!

A police state is coming.

They've indicated that Federal/local agents will be searching and possibly x-raying people on trains. That's appalling.

We'll see how they utilize their millions of dollars worth of brand new riot control gear during the coming week.

Treating everyone as a criminal? Because you cannot bring drinks or food on the Metra?
    By government mandate? There's a sure sign of a free society.

I lived downtown Chicago
    I feel like I understand your point of view now.
    icon3.gif

Sounds like NATO and Rahm's government response has harmed businesses and infringed on property rights.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Not saying this is anything like it was way back when, but I just have to wonder, in "today's think" what would people today think about George Washington and the other anarchists who not only stood up to the British, but took arms against them?

Just a mindless thought on an early Monday afternoon.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not saying this is anything like it was way back when, but I just have to wonder, in "today's think" what would people today think about George Washington and the other anarchists who not only stood up to the British, but took arms against them?

Just a mindless thought on an early Monday afternoon.

You are right that it isn't anything like it was back then. The taxes that causes such infuriation then were much lower than we now face, expecially when contrasted with actual valuable services delivered (i.e., defense and maintenance of roads, harbors, etc.). "Probable Cause" has been stretched to the point of equaling or exceeding the hated writs of assistance, and general .gov infringement is at an all-time high. People like George, Tom, Jim, and Alex took up arms for far less than we now routinely tolerate. The only thing arguably worse was that then they were 'represented' by a parliament on a different continent for which they could not vote and we are given the pretense of an elected representative government no matter how badly the process is rigged and to what extent it becomes no more than bad theater.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't know what all the fuss is about...you can't have a gun in the city anyways...

Absolutely. They are just building on that foundation so that now you can't have a drink, the bag of your choice, your person on a sidewalk, or privacy in so much as your personal plumbing.

Top Bottom