• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why shouldn't this be a bash bad cops thread? They shot an innocent man 16 times and it was only luck that the poor guy survived. Then they investigated themselves and cleared themselves of any wrong doing. And you took the "should have shot him with a bigger calibre to insure his death" side? Sorry, the cops in this story need to be imprisoned for the rest of their lives.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Why shouldn't this be a bash bad cops thread? They shot an innocent man 16 times and it was only luck that the poor guy survived. Then they investigated themselves and cleared themselves of any wrong doing. And you took the "should have shot him with a bigger calibre to insure his death" side? Sorry, the cops in this story need to be imprisoned for the rest of their lives.
    Mr J. I refuse to use purple. The caliber comment was meant to address the inevitable. Hence the :D. And not the :n00b: or :rockwoot:. My sarcasm is always implied and subtle.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line

I agree.I hope this guys civil suit breaks the bank.He deserves it.How can they be cleared after shooting an unarmed man in his bed?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I don't see what the big deal is it was about 16 times
    a corrections officer reportedly shot a man about 16 times, severely wounding him during a joint operation that took an unexpected turn.

Also I skimmed the article and saw no reference to the caliber the gun used.

I wish him the best of luck in getting the truth out and wish him a full recovery.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Corrections Officer Kris Rongen Receives Officer of the Month Award
    Officer-of-the-Month-300x182.jpg

"Justified": Uniformed Invaders Shoot a Man 16 Times in his Bed

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Once again, someone "reaches" for something that doesn't exist.

According to the sworn statement of the officers, he was awake, not sleeping. They asked him if he had any firearms. He responded "yes". They told him to show his hands. Instead, he reached under the mattress. At that point, it doesn't matter if he actually had any firearms. The officers have RAS to believe that the suspect is going for his gun. If they wait for him to draw and he actually does have a gun, it's far too late.

Now, while I will concede that the officers could have invented facts to justify their actions, I'm going to go ahead and say that there is a lot more to the story than what the inflammatory article wants you to believe. They want you to believe that a bunch of out-of-control cops burst into the room and opened fire on an innocent, sleeping man, and that's just not what happened.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So, what did?

I don't know and neither do you, so it makes zero sense to crucify the officers based on one poorly-written article, don't you agree? How many posts in this thread and the other one on INGO are calling for them to be imprisoned for life? I listened to the audio that was presented and I heard a story completely different from what was written in the article. If you have two completely different stories, you can't just pick the one that suits you. I presume that the investigation looked at the complete set of facts and that is why they ruled the way they did.

Once again, could the facts have been manufactured by the officers? Yes. But to assume that they were manufactured is equally wrong.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Those cops need to be suspended immediately. Without Pay. :xmad:

And sent back to the shooting range until they learn shot placement.

Legs, arms, jaw?? This is absolutely inexcusable. They need to be confined to that range until every shot hits center mass.

And if they are incapable of this, then they need to be issued a shotgun until they're shooting improves. :ar15:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the real moral to this story is to ALWAYS make sure that your roommate reports to his community supervision.
    Also, physical security. Make sure anyone, badge or not, who wants into your bedroom with guns has to make enough noise to wake you up in time to prepare a proper reception. If you wake up and they're already in your room pointing guns at you, you might as well already be dead for all you'll be able to do, even assuming they permit you to survive the encounter.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I don't know and neither do you, so it makes zero sense to crucify the officers based on one poorly-written article, don't you agree? How many posts in this thread and the other one on INGO are calling for them to be imprisoned for life? I listened to the audio that was presented and I heard a story completely different from what was written in the article. If you have two completely different stories, you can't just pick the one that suits you. I presume that the investigation looked at the complete set of facts and that is why they ruled the way they did.

Once again, could the facts have been manufactured by the officers? Yes. But to assume that they were manufactured is equally wrong.

I understand were you are coming from but.... ;) This man who did nothing wrong to be shot 16 times and was never arrested.....what made this a justified shooting was the officers comments in the report .....the man who was shot 16 times says it happen differently.......think about it why would a man say ....yes I have a weapon ...and nothing was found the man said he never said this and was never asked .....if something don't make sense most of the time it isn't true the facts of this don't make sense.....

So if you were a not a honest person who just shot a man 16 times no weapon found not the reason you are there and this subject did no crime.....the report would say he said he had a gun and was reaching for the bed area....to cover your butt.....what is clear no evidence supports the officers report just there statement what happen. that the victim said it never did....so just because there the police they never lie.......:dunno:

Ask your self this if this was a family member sister ,brother, mother, or teen age son at a sleep over ....example your 16 year old son is at a sleep over friend house what you didn't know was at the house he was staying at the family has a 25 year old that about to be arrest in the same manner as this story what this thread was about ......they shoot him 16 times .....the police say he said he had a weapon and was reaching for the bed area .....your son in recover say it never happen this way who story would you believe......your right there are always two side to a story the only real fact is a man who did no wrong was shoot 16 times ......if they didn't have a badge(anyone else) they would have been arrested ....:patriot:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It's just like saying the gun just went off when you have an AD to save face, if you lose control and shoot a guy for no reason you use he was reaching for a weapon.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    think about it why would a man say ....yes I have a weapon ...and nothing was found the man said he never said this and was never asked .....if something don't make sense most of the time it isn't true the facts of this don't make sense.....

Suicide by cop?

Not taking a side, i know absolutely nothing about this incident, just sayin.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I understand were you are coming from but.... ;) This man who did nothing wrong to be shot 16 times and was never arrested.....what made this a justified shooting was the officers comments in the report .....the man who was shot 16 times says it happen differently.......think about it why would a man say ....yes I have a weapon ...and nothing was found the man said he never said this and was never asked .....if something don't make sense most of the time it isn't true the facts of this don't make sense.....

So, you admit that there are two different stories, both of which don't seem to make sense based on the facts presented in the article. Why, then, would you think that we Internet pundits are in any way qualified to pass judgement? Why are we more qualified than the investigating panel who actually DID have all of the facts and performed an investigation? Why arbitrarily take the side of the guy who was shot and call for the heads of the officers?

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    According to the sworn statement of the officers, he was awake, not sleeping. They asked him if he had any firearms. He responded "yes". They told him to show his hands. Instead, he reached under the mattress.
    I have to admit, this thing stinks to me like a cover story for a botched shooting. The victim's flashlight was found in a pool of blood. His nightstand was cluttered. Somebody likely pulled the trigger too quickly, in their confusion. Such is the result of raiding citizens' bedrooms.
    No firearms were found in the room. A flashlight was found in a pool of blood next to the bed, and an end table within reaching distance contained aluminum cans and a variety of objects, including two remote controls, according to the prosecutors' summary.
    This is one of the reasons these no-knock bedroom raids are a sham. They are a deliberate initiation of force against the occupants. Any reaction, other than lying in a utter submission, is treated like an attack on the police. And it doesn't matter what really happened in there. We will never know. The officer gets the benefit of the doubt no matter what. They gave him an award.

Top Bottom