14670658_1076553099108639_4316747122570377863_n.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Political "Funny" Pictures thread. Not Political Antagonising Thread. You Trumpkins, always looking out for your lord and saviour. :lol2:

I don't think anyone considers Trump either of those things. I don't think anyone is under the illusion that Trump is going to change anything. I think most of us that will be holding our noses and voting his name are doing so only to keep Hillary out of the office. If nothing else, we're voting to prevent some of the damage we see her causing.

This election comes down to a decision, as most do, of which of the two big parties is going to have control for the next several years. There is no scenario where Johnson, Stein, or Vermin Supreme will be the next occupant of the Oval office. It's going to be either Trump or Clinton. For gun owners, a Clinton presidency, especially given what the last two did to us, will be a nightmare. A Trump presidency, perhaps a bit less so.

Given that this is a board of gun owners, the single-issue litmus test applicable is how a given candidate will be on gun issues. Trump has claimed he carries. He has claimed to be pro-2A. He's (now) a politician, so his word is automatically suspect, but at least he's making the right noises. In contrast, Hillary has called us her enemies, vowed to overturn Heller, and pointed to Australia and England while speaking positively about the 1994-2004 ban. Her words are also suspect, an order of magnitude more than his.

I don't care which one of them "wins". Either way, WE lose. The question is if we lose in a way that allows our children to continue to learn the shooting sports, or if they learn about America only in the history books.

So, your choices are to vote her name and line up to turn in your guns, vote his name and watchdog for the next 4 years or so, or wuss out and vote for someone who has no chance, for no reason other than to let someone else decide for you which of the two will be in office.

The above is not pointed at anyone.

The below is:
    mrj and Bug, use those ignore lists. This is not about each other.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom