Politics, hypocrites, and good people of the U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I've been away from ingo for a long while and recently felt a need to return. When I did I was surprised and also not surprised upon my return. There are, in my opinion, a lot of things that are not being addressed about our president, that if it were Obama, would have been all over the place here. Also the ideology of left vs. Right, libtard, hippy terrorists, and all that other bs becoming rather strong it seems. The hypocrisy is flowing very hard right now and quite frankly we need to wake the **** up, I do mean we as Americans, not in goers.

For years we as Americans, by that I mean a majority of us, have complained about corporations and the private sector and the power they have had in our government. We complained about it under bush and Obama. Now here we sit with a president who literally is the owner of a corporation. He is big business, our fing president, and that is a okay. Hell some people are glad government is acting like the private sector, I presume, note I said presume, because the actions that are being undertaken either follow their personal beliefs, or they abide by the political puppet they think will save them.

On the other side of this, if you bring up an issue with a politician, or political party you are subject to absurdly childish behavior and name calling by so called grown ups. Oftentimes in these scenarios what party A does is okay to their constituents, but if party B and their constituents do it it's unconstitutional, treason, dictator in chief, libtards, republic rats, or whatever suits the occasion. This is one of the very divides in this country that is founded upon an unsustainable way of proceeding. What I mean is that the more we point fingers and cheer over what our officials are doing, we lose sight of our end goal. That end goal being a safer, cleaner, more prosperous nation with little to no casualties in wars we shouldn't be in. One in which all are treated fairly by the judicial system, government, and our citizens.

Also there is the convenient fact that no trump supporters are angry over his conflicts of interest with his multiple business dealings, his expediting pipelines he has direct ties to, his staffs use of private servers, firing a judge that overturned his brash and childish decision, his incessant tirades about act first think later, him overturning close to 30 years of environmental regulations that will benefit him directly, and many more. If Obama did any of that, my god effigies would have been burning.

If Obama can't do it, if bush can't do it, then trump can't do it. Oh wait... It already happened didn't it? Yeah and that's part of the problem is that if your guy does it it's okay. But if you don't like them then it's treason and impeachment is necessary. But but 1861 what trump is doing is different, or but but he has done more for this country....blah blah blah. Okay no one actually said that to me, it does seem to be a prevailing thought though. This is the form of hypocrisy that will be our undoing, or our dividing force at least.

I'm not for trump, Hillary, Obama, or really any of the other large politicians. I claim no political party so let that be clear now. We have all witnessed this behavior on all sides of the political spectrum. This is usually where people like to say that so and so started it, or "they" becomes a term used to describe the unfavorables. Instead of pointing fingers, look inside yourselves, be honest and admit where you are being a child or hypocrite and right your wrong by changing your behavior. Quit throwing your useless labels, quit approving of the actions of someone just because you like them or those actions benefit you directly. Be objective and think how will this help someone else? Is this really going to help this country. If the "other guy" , meaning one you don't like took the same actions how would you react?

Lastly I want to leave you with this thought. If you are on a ship that's sinking because a hole is in the hull, what do you? Do you try to fix it the way you know how or do you complain that someone else is trying to fix it? Which job is yours. Fixing the hole, cutting wood or steel for the repair, putting on your wetsuit to check the damage, or are you just running around with your arms in a circle screaming? Also I know this is long and may cause flames, but without fire we can't have ash to fertilize our fields. If ya know what I mean, Vern!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think to a certain degree most of us expected things to be done this way by our President. He isn't a career politician, he said in his campaign that he would sign exec orders overturning a number of policies the Obama admin implemented. We knew from the start of his campaign that he owns and has interests in several businesses. First we accepted it and second it's perfectly legal for a president to own businesses while being pres. I think he did the right thing by handing over control to family and ceo's and further ordering there be no new business deals so long has he is Pres. As for his staff using personal servers, that would be the first I have heard of that and I would think if it were the case the media would be screaming for an investigation. Ok that's all I have for now. But, welcome back

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Trigger time: I know you said you blocked me but i still want to say I think you misinterpreted my post and proved one of the points I was trying to make. Being so closed minded will not do any of us any favors. Either way, Have a good day.

Hoosier doc, thanks man. I'll agree trump laid a plan, he followed what he said he'd do. I disagree with passengers approving. Many do, many don't. Hopefully this work we're doing will work if you get my drift.

Thunder chicken, you are absolutely right in that he's not breaking laws in his business ownership, its using laws that benefit those business directly. Also there are some who don't accept his business ownership at all, whether for right or wrong.

Lastly my OP was not just on trump but on how we as citizens shape the future of our country through our actions towards each other. Appreciate the conversation with you guys as always, which is why my post wasn't directed towards anyone in particular.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Trigger time: I know you said you blocked me but i still want to say I think you misinterpreted my post and proved one of the points I was trying to make. Being so closed minded will not do any of us any favors. Either way, Have a good day.

Hoosier doc, thanks man. I'll agree trump laid a plan, he followed what he said he'd do. I disagree with passengers approving. Many do, many don't. Hopefully this work we're doing will work if you get my drift.

Thunder chicken, you are absolutely right in that he's not breaking laws in his business ownership, its using laws that benefit those business directly. Also there are some who don't accept his business ownership at all, whether for right or wrong.

Lastly my OP was not just on trump but on how we as citizens shape the future of our country through our actions towards each other. Appreciate the conversation with you guys as always, which is why my post wasn't directed towards anyone in particular.

I'm not a Trump supporter. I tapped the screen next to his name, yes, but I voted against Clinton. The only way to do that and have any chance of keeping her out of the office was to vote him into it. Whichever one got the Presidency, it was going to be a crap sandwich from which we all have to take a bite. I'm hoping for more bread than crap at this point.

Nonetheless, I will raise my voice in agreement that conflicts of interest are exceedingly problematic, no matter who is in office and party to them.

And Doc, I said it before the election: I don't know who's going to win. I only know who's going to lose, and that is America. I pray that Mr. Trump proves me wrong, and on that, I will happily eat the proverbial crow if so.

Blessings,
    Bill

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When Trump hit the campaign trail he put out a list of what his intentions were.
    The 1st 100 days if we will all think together.
    In my humble opinion he is doing exactly what he said was going to happen.
    Now everyone is freaking out when their pet project/EO/personal income stream is getting changed. Cake and eat it to comes to mind.
    He is not business as usual and that is exactly what was needed after the disaster that was "O".
    The immigration issue was top shelf. He told us of his plans and he is doing exactly that.
    What more can be asked.

The media is driving all of this Bravo Sierra because their side got thumped.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Welcome back :cheers:

Trump laid out a plan to fix the ship, the passengers approved, and now we're getting to work.

That's a great analogy... if we're talking about the Titanic, with the passengers being those who were privy to lifeboats

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think to a certain degree most of us expected things to be done this way by our President. He isn't a career politician, he said in his campaign that he would sign exec orders overturning a number of policies the Obama admin implemented. We knew from the start of his campaign that he owns and has interests in several businesses. First we accepted it and second it's perfectly legal for a president to own businesses while being pres. I think he did the right thing by handing over control to family and ceo's and further ordering there be no new business deals so long has he is Pres. As for his staff using personal servers, that would be the first I have heard of that and I would think if it were the case the media would be screaming for an investigation. Ok that's all I have for now. But, welcome back

"We?"
    And I think it was more ignored, than accepted.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    "We?"
    And I think it was more ignored, than accepted.

Come on Kut- the "we" I was refrencing was the all of us who voted for him either by agreeing with his ideas or by simply choosing him over Hillary. As much time as the media spent covering his campaign/mincing words etc, WE all heard his message of what he planned to do, and I am sure WE all knew he owned several business so it was generally accepted before he was elected. Besides it is perfectly legal, now how his decisions may effect his business interests now or in the future I don't know. Regardless of why I voted for him, I have to agree the man had a plan and is following through as planned. As Bill mentioned it's a crap sandwich we all gotta take a bite...maybe we will all need a beer to get the taste out of our mouths but I am hopeful it all works out for the better

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Come on Kut- the "we" I was refrencing was the all of us who voted for him either by agreeing with his ideas or by simply choosing him over Hillary. As much time as the media spent covering his campaign/mincing words etc, WE all heard his message of what he planned to do, and I am sure WE all knew he owned several business so it was generally accepted before he was elected. Besides it is perfectly legal, now how his decisions may effect his business interests now or in the future I don't know. Regardless of why I voted for him, I have to agree the man had a plan and is following through as planned. As Bill mentioned it's a crap sandwich we all gotta take a bite...maybe we will all need a beer to get the taste out of our mouths but I am hopeful it all works out for the better

He's right though. Many of us who voted for Trump overlooked a lot of faults to avoid Hillary. It's not acceptable. It's that it was the least evil. Sometimes the pragmatic solution isn't acceptable. But you do it anyway because the alternative is even worse.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've been away from ingo for a long while and recently felt a need to return. When I did I was surprised and also not surprised upon my return. There are, in my opinion, a lot of things that are not being addressed about our president, that if it were Obama, would have been all over the place here. Also the ideology of left vs. Right, libtard, hippy terrorists, and all that other bs becoming rather strong it seems. The hypocrisy is flowing very hard right now and quite frankly we need to wake the **** up, I do mean we as Americans, not in goers.

For years we as Americans, by that I mean a majority of us, have complained about corporations and the private sector and the power they have had in our government. We complained about it under bush and Obama. Now here we sit with a president who literally is the owner of a corporation. He is big business, our fing president, and that is a okay. Hell some people are glad government is acting like the private sector, I presume, note I said presume, because the actions that are being undertaken either follow their personal beliefs, or they abide by the political puppet they think will save them.

On the other side of this, if you bring up an issue with a politician, or political party you are subject to absurdly childish behavior and name calling by so called grown ups. Oftentimes in these scenarios what party A does is okay to their constituents, but if party B and their constituents do it it's unconstitutional, treason, dictator in chief, libtards, republic rats, or whatever suits the occasion. This is one of the very divides in this country that is founded upon an unsustainable way of proceeding. What I mean is that the more we point fingers and cheer over what our officials are doing, we lose sight of our end goal. That end goal being a safer, cleaner, more prosperous nation with little to no casualties in wars we shouldn't be in. One in which all are treated fairly by the judicial system, government, and our citizens.

Also there is the convenient fact that no trump supporters are angry over his conflicts of interest with his multiple business dealings, his expediting pipelines he has direct ties to, his staffs use of private servers, firing a judge that overturned his brash and childish decision, his incessant tirades about act first think later, him overturning close to 30 years of environmental regulations that will benefit him directly, and many more. If Obama did any of that, my god effigies would have been burning.

If Obama can't do it, if bush can't do it, then trump can't do it. Oh wait... It already happened didn't it? Yeah and that's part of the problem is that if your guy does it it's okay. But if you don't like them then it's treason and impeachment is necessary. But but 1861 what trump is doing is different, or but but he has done more for this country....blah blah blah. Okay no one actually said that to me, it does seem to be a prevailing thought though. This is the form of hypocrisy that will be our undoing, or our dividing force at least.

I'm not for trump, Hillary, Obama, or really any of the other large politicians. I claim no political party so let that be clear now. We have all witnessed this behavior on all sides of the political spectrum. This is usually where people like to say that so and so started it, or "they" becomes a term used to describe the unfavorables. Instead of pointing fingers, look inside yourselves, be honest and admit where you are being a child or hypocrite and right your wrong by changing your behavior. Quit throwing your useless labels, quit approving of the actions of someone just because you like them or those actions benefit you directly. Be objective and think how will this help someone else? Is this really going to help this country. If the "other guy" , meaning one you don't like took the same actions how would you react?

Lastly I want to leave you with this thought. If you are on a ship that's sinking because a hole is in the hull, what do you? Do you try to fix it the way you know how or do you complain that someone else is trying to fix it? Which job is yours. Fixing the hole, cutting wood or steel for the repair, putting on your wetsuit to check the damage, or are you just running around with your arms in a circle screaming? Also I know this is long and may cause flames, but without fire we can't have ash to fertilize our fields. If ya know what I mean, Vern!

I give it a 1.5/10 on the rant scale. My favorite part is where your last paragraph contradicts most of your earlier points.

1. I reject your premise. The same media that went out of its way to protect Obama, whose administration was one of the most corrupt in history, is now attacking Trump with wild abandon. When one takes the time to learn the actual facts instead of blindly following the media, one can draw his own conclusion and criticize or praise where warranted.

2. I don't think you speak for the majority of Americans, you certainly don't speak for me nor it appears a substantial portion of either INGO or the United States. Why is it the solution to all the "evils" of the world(ie corporations, business, etc.) more government? Government is the worst of those "evils" not the solution to them.

3. The surest way to guarantee peace is to always surrender at the first sign of conflict. No thanks, I would rather have freedom with conflict than peace with slavery. You of course are free to disagree but since I value freedom and am willing to fight for it and you seem to put much stock in avoiding conflict, I guess you will just have to surrender to my point of view. See how that works?

4. Do you really expect people, who have actually done their own research on these issues, to be angry over factually inaccurate stories? Or do you simply think everyone should think the way you do and respond the way you would?

5. Odd, I remember it being wrong when Bush did "it", perfectly ok when Obama did "it", and wrong again now that Trump is doing "it" at least according to the media. I'm not sure what you want here: do you want "it" to always be wrong? always right? or whichever most comports with your views?

6. I couldn't agree more and will follow your lead.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Trump Derangement Syndrome is so much better than Bush Derangement Syndrome....I love it...I knew it was going to be good but I really had no idea it was going to be this awesome....

1dvyuz.jpg

Top Bottom