Poll: What's you religious platform...or lack there of?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What's your religious platform...or lack there of...?

• Total voters
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    All right, Groovatron, I'll bite.

To what platform do I religiously adhere?

Armalite-Rifle.

It's customizable, interchangible, and time-tested.

AR be with you... and also with me.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    I remember when I heard one of the kids ask his friend "Are you Christian or Catholic?" He must have got that from Grandma and Grandpa...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Jefferson is not the best example of a christian to use. Wasn't he married when he got several of his slaves pregnant?

Being Christian doesn't mean you are perfect. We are all human, we just try to learn from our mistakes and realize our mistakes.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That`s a popular myth.

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
    -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

What is it men cannot be made to believe! -Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, April 22, 1786.

Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

I concur with you strictly in your opinion of the comparative merits of atheism and demonism, and really see nothing but the latter in the being worshipped by many who think themselves Christians. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Richard Price, Jan. 8, 1789

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

The list goes on an on. Think what you may but the facts are out there - Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

What is it men cannot be made to believe! -Thomas Jefferson to Richard Henry Lee, April 22, 1786.

Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.

I concur with you strictly in your opinion of the comparative merits of atheism and demonism, and really see nothing but the latter in the being worshipped by many who think themselves Christians. -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Richard Price, Jan. 8, 1789

The list goes on an on. Think what you may but the facts are out there - Thomas Jefferson was not a Christian.

I really don't see how this proves or disproves Jefferson as a Christian. It could be taken out of context to go either way.

he also said this... "among the inestimable of our blessings, also, is that ...of liberty to worship our Creator in the way we think most agreeable to His will; ..." Thomas Jefferson said (1807)

and again this could be taken as him saying others can worship whichever god they choose. Quotes out of context have a dozen of different meanings.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

Nothing you posted supports your statement.

Atheists WANT him to not be Christian. They WANT this nation to have not been founded on Christian morals.

But wanting it doesn't make it fact.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

I really don't see how this proves or disproves Jefferson as a Christian. It could be taken out of context to go either way.

he also said this... "among the inestimable of our blessings, also, is that ...of liberty to worship our Creator in the way we think most agreeable to His will; ..."Thomas Jefferson said (1807)

and again this could be taken as him saying others can worship whichever god they choose. Quotes out of context have a dozen of different meanings.

Atheists WANT him to not be Christian. They WANT this nation to have not been founded on Christian morals.

I'm in agreement that those quotes don't prove that T-Jeff was not a Christian. And, as Joe mentioned, I don't see your quotes as proof he was a Christian either. As I read them, I got the picture of a man who ardently believed in the right of an individual to make decisions related to the existence of, faith in, and devotion to God Almighty or any other entity without any intervention from any government.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville

he also said this... "among the inestimable of our blessings, also, is that ...of liberty to worship our Creator in the way we think most agreeable to His will; ..." Thomas Jefferson said (1807)

Sorry if I didn't convey my message clearly. I did not mean to imply that his quotes prove him to not be a Christian; I just wanted it to be known that it's not a black and white case here.

Joe you're making it sound like he's a Christian until proven otherwise, almost like innocent until proven guilty.

Just because Christians see Deism as being wrong doesn't mean Jefferson wasn't a Christian. As you said, wanting doesn't make it fact.

Do I know matter-of-fact Jefferson's religion? Nope. Neither do any of us on here. I read what I can and it is just the most logical conclusion that he was not a Christian.

IronHorseman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Fort Branch

Nice try but nothing that you have posterd proves that Jefferson wasn`t a Christian.

Top Bottom