Poll. Would you provide security for a MDA mom that just mocked you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you provide security for a MDA mom that just mocked you?

• Total voters

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Of course I would. I'd protect a child in harm's way so I'd give the same consideration to anyone else who isn't mature yet. That goes for most antis. When they finish growing up they'll see the light.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why do you think that she could not be sincere? There is a world of difference between confronting a peaceful person carrying a holstered gun and someone that is belligerent and aggressive.
    She was sincere. She was sincere in her outrage and animosity. She was sincere when she was quaking in her boots. She was both peaceful in her request and belligerent and aggressive. She was what she wanted to be when it suited her purpose.

As I said before, she's either a hypocrite or on the path to redemption. But she's going to walk through the coals of the fire of her own making before she reaches the promised land if it's up to me.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    The whole scenario seems a little too good to be true to me, a perfect "put them in their place" story. Assuming it did happen as described, I would have walked her to her car. I'd also suggest that she rethink her position on personal protection as I did so.

I understand the desire to say something snide and leave. I'd be very tempted to do that....but it's not the way I was raised. I have to admit I'm completely biased here because it's a lady. If it were a guy he'd be on his own unless there was actual violence happening or about to happen.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I would tell her no, but not for the reason you might think.

I could see it being a set up. A trap. An accomplice could have already called 911 so that when we got outside she could throw her hands up and start screaming.

A couple of months ago, I would have walked her out. After hearing the rants, reading the Facebook posts and seeing people getting SWATted, no way.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would tell her no, but not for the reason you might think.

I could see it being a set up. A trap. An accomplice could have already called 911 so that when we got outside she could throw her hands up and start screaming.

A couple of months ago, I would have walked her out. After hearing the rants, reading the Facebook posts and seeing people getting SWATted, no way.

This. Some of the things they've openly advocated and admitted to are astounding.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    She was sincere. She was sincere in her outrage and animosity. She was sincere when she was quaking in her boots. She was both peaceful in her request and belligerent and aggressive. She was what she wanted to be when it suited her purpose.

As I said before, she's either a hypocrite or on the path to redemption. But she's going to walk through the coals of the fire of her own making before she reaches the promised land if it's up to me.

Perhaps 88 has just beat me into agreeing with her. Perhaps it's 40 years of watching John Wayne movies. But I would have politely told here that she made her choice, now she had to live with it.

If I were there alone, and really thought something might happen, I may pay more attention. If I were there with my family, my 1 and only concern would be safety of my wife and kids. See statement above for her safety.

If that makes me a mean heartless SOB, then so be it.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    There are a dozen smart ass things I might say, most likely id offer to call the police and see how long it takes for them to get there. Or id wait and see if she was getting her ass beat, then id politely ask if she would like me to intervene. Or id ask her what's scarier, a quiet guy with a gun going about his business, or a loudmouth punk threatening to beat everyone up?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    On and Off topic

Ammosexuals huh, kinda catchy!:draw:

Ammosexual, I like that. :laugh: Does that mean I pay with ammo, or I do it with ammo? :dunno: Sorry to threadjack.

No I wouldn't have helped her, especially after being verbally accosted. I carry for the defense of my family and myself. :twocents:

I voted yes. Likely rolling at least audio for C my A.

As for the "Ammosexuals" I introduced this awhile back on INGO.

Link to New England gun owners site with a brilliant letter to antis: Stand up for "Ammosexual" Rights!! :pimp:

You must read it through to the Rainbow Gadsen. I know someone here was going to adopt it for awhile. ( I actually think it would sell)

You see you may all be Ammosexuals, you were born that way...:D

Link to my old thread on Ammosexuality: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...heast-ingoer-would-love-help-spread-word.html

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I voted yes. Likely rolling at least audio for C my A.

As for the "Ammosexuals" I introduced this awhile back on INGO.

Link to New England gun owners site with a brilliant letter to antis: Stand up for "Ammosexual" Rights!! :pimp:

You must read it through to the Rainbow Gadsen. I know someone here was going to adopt it for awhile. ( I actually think it would sell)

You see you may all be Ammosexuals, you were born that way...:D

Link to my old thread on Ammosexuality: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...heast-ingoer-would-love-help-spread-word.html
    Tagged for later use/laughs

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Yes, because I am a professional and it is business not personal. And maybe after sometime around a professional (gun owner) just maybe they might come around a little. If not, I still collect my check and vote against them/ their candidate etc.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes, because I am a professional and it is business not personal. And maybe after sometime around a professional (gun owner) just maybe they might come around a little. If not, I still collect my check and vote against them/ their candidate etc.
    Huh? There was no pay. It wasn't a job.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I believe I would ask her if she had her cell phone. Yes? Can you dial 911? Yes? I believe you've said that is all that is needed. Have a nice night.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would have given my most intense, steely-eyed stare into the middle distance and shouted, "THERE MUST BE QUID PRO QUO!"

Top Bottom