• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree that for what you want, 24' would be the minimum. We have a 20' Premier Horizon and it's perfect for us, but more than 5 or 6 people starts to get cramped. We have a 40 hp. motor and it will pull a tube, but you're not gonna be doing any aerobatics back there. I believe Premier was started by former Bennington employees. I really want a Bennington. IMHO, those are the Cadillac of pontoons.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If it floats or flies, it is cheaper to rent than own. Boat is an acronym: Break Out Another Thousand.

Probably a lot of truth to this. :):

A couple more that I've heard... "A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into" and "The day I bought my boat was the second happiest day of my life. The happiest day of my life was the day I sold it."

I don't personally subscribe to these views though. I love being on the water. Always have, and probably always will. :)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Probably a lot of truth to this. :):

A couple more that I've heard... "A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into" and "The day I bought my boat was the second happiest day of my life. The happiest day of my life was the day I sold it."

I don't personally subscribe to these views though. I love being on the water. Always have, and probably always will. :)

I'm with you on this one, I've never been happy about getting rid of a boat. I've had a boat for a lot of years, and God willing, many more.
    Boats are just like cars, if it's a piece of ****, you will always be throwing money at it. Get a good one and just maintain it.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Buddy of mine had a 28 ft pontoon on Morse lake for a few years. He paid around $650 a season for a dock and then had to have it hauled in and out /stored for an extra amount. Basically,he was limited to one lake the whole time he had the boat. Guess it might be worth thinking about having a trailer or not.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Thanks for all of the info and suggestions, everyone. The Geist marina offers pontoon rentals, I've considered that if nothing else to get a feel for them and see what size works best. I would definitely have a trailer for it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks for all of the info and suggestions, everyone. The Geist marina offers pontoon rentals, I've considered that if nothing else to get a feel for them and see what size works best. I would definitely have a trailer for it.

Go by some of the dealerships and pick up some of the literature. The brochures will usually show you the floor plans that are available in the size your interested in, and there are endless floor plans. Something to keep in mind about the length of the boat, I had to put up a 30' carport to cover my 22' boat.
    If you rent one, keep in mind that, nothing runs like a rental. Most of them are pretty bare bones, underpowered, and beat to death. Good luck in your search.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I was always told the fastest cars ever made were rentals. :):

I take it that's not the case with Pontoons.

Thanks for the tip, I plan on stopping in and looking at some dealerships eventually.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The last few times we were on Giest it was over run with boats and idiots on personal water carft.
    Not my idea of a leisurely place to pontoon

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You might try dealers website or manufactures website and see if they have a "build your own" program like MasterCraft does.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    This would be nice:

Dodici_310_19397.gif

Top Bottom